BCM programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I figure the BCM is nothing more than an automotive hardened PLC with a bunch of inputs, outputs, and a scan loop of commands in some kind of non-volatile memory. Perhaps somewhere, some kid-genius has created a bit of Linux code on his Dell PC, and is able to list and better yet, change some of the more bizarre inner workings of the KJ's BCM.

Does anyone know the kid-genius?

KY Liberty

Reaction score
Why would you want to reprogram the Body Control Module? To reprogram how your lights and locks work? You can do some of that with the remote by pressing they keys in certain sequences, like turning off the horn honking when you use the remote lock.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First to have both headlights, taillights & license light come on when the key is in Run. I may have the DRL mod made while I'm in Canada, but I think Pulse Width Modulation of the High beams (and nothing in back) is a flawed implementation. My old Saab had it right; the lights come on when you turn the key on, and they go out when you turn the key to off. No need for chimes, 8 minute "forget-me-offs", DRL relays etc.

Second to program in a 20 second delayed single wipe following a window wash; you know, to clean up the dribbles.

And although I haven't studied it yet, a turbo cool down method based on a temperature sensor or perhaps a selectable time delay.

These are just my first wishes after 1600 miles. There are more likely to come. Hence, the hope that someone has crafted a bit of code to use a laptop as a BCM programmer.

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights will be easy, just jump out some relays. Give me a day or two and will post up some infomation on how to do it.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I'd imagine more work has been done on interfacing with the ECM than the BCM. With the BCM you could, technically, bypass the sentry key, etc... so I'm guessing there's some degree of difficulty there in translation. Not to say that we dont still have academia....... ;)

-Blu

KY Liberty

Reaction score
I think it's going to be difficult. There's only a handful of people that actually know how all the programming for the DC computers really work. Sounds like a cool project though. I hope you'll have good luck with it.

Latest posts

Members online