Bad Day for My KJ....:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Why would you even mess with 4.10's
IIRC the od gear on both the 6 speed and the auto
Is like .60 or there about
Why not 4.56 or maybe 4.88 if you don't do
a boat load of highway
Take advantage of that big od gear

How bout a 5.3L with 3.73's and 35's? lol a buddy of my dads whos truck I have drooled over for years has finally decided to sell it and I'm going tomorrow to look at it and possibly buy if I can. Its bone stock right now and I probably will only do 33's but I will post pics of it asap if I get it. So I'll have to keep the JK idea for another time.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
A better choice but remember
None of the full size trucks get any
where near good mpg
I would expect 14 or so highway

Well, its an 08 with variable valve timing and flexfuel I cruised home today at 70mph in V4 mode showing instant mpg of 19-21. Of course that will drop with 33's but my brother has a 07 GMC with the same engine and gearing with a 2" lift and 33's and he averages 17 on the highway.

My KJ's replacement, Dark Blue Metalic 2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab 4 door LT1 5.3L 3.73's Factory 20's 45,000 miles
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought it from a friend of my Dad's he bought it new in 2008 but has back problems now and isn't able to drive so decided to sell the truck. I got it for $21,500 but it blue books for $25,000. It has been garage kept and exteremely well maintained and babied. I plan on doing a small 2" lift just to get it back to where a truck should set then like I said wrap those 20's in 33's probably 295/60/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers which are acutally almost 34". They're also $1600 which is ridiculous but I guess thats the price you pay for those 20's lol. I really enjoy the truck so far, miss my Jeep but will have another one day.

Last edited:

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man that *****! the good news is most of it should buff out :shrug:

haha.. all kidding aside glad everyone was ok... and this is just a stepping stone to a better jeep!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Take care of the truck
In a few years buy a beater TJ
and tow it with the truck

Yeah sounds like a plan J!

That's nice!!! Got any interior shots?

No not yet, its got light gray/black interior clothe seats but I'm going to do some black neoprene seat covers like I had in my KJ because I've gotten so used to not having to worry about the seats with those I really want a set for these!

Nice truck you bought Wes.
Now I foresee a sportsman camper shell in your future!;)

Haha ryan I wouldn't mind to have a camper on it for hunting sometimes but I definitely wouldn't use it all the time!

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man read all of this and that *****. glad you're okay and found a temporary replacement witth the truck. it looks great.

Last edited: