Back Window Ghost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cindy'sMan

Reaction score
My back window seems to have a mind of its own. headscratch.gif It will open with no reguards to the button being pushed on the remote. At first I thought it was a short in the remote. So I isolated the remote from the KJ, but it still is happening. ](*,) Any ideas what might be the problem?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly a problem with the window release. There is a TSB section on the forum but I'm not seeing one listed for it; you might try the 'handy TSB sites' link to see if there is one out for it. I know I've seen posts about similar problems either here or on L.O.S.T.. Good luck with the diagnosis.

rearwindow

Reaction score
It's a recall.
Customer Satisfaction Notification D16
Rear Flip-up Window Switch

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yes it's a recall. The problem is water is getting (or has gotten) into the latch and is messing it up. I had this problem with mine, then a week later had a letter come in the mail for the recall...lol. Not many KJ's are listed under this recall.

What year is your KJ?

Cindy'sMan

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Yes it's a recall. The problem is water is getting (or has gotten) into the latch and is messing it up. I had this problem with mine, then a week later had a letter come in the mail for the recall...lol. Not many KJ's are listed under this recall.

What year is your KJ?

It's a 2002 sport.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I can't remember if they were listed under the recall or if it was the late 03's and 04's.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
jeepjeepster said:
I know the 04's were since I had to take mine in.

It was an 04 recall? I never got the notice. Wonder if I just skated by it? Never had the problem either.
I didn't either. I had my rear window open up without knowing once or twice, but I'm sure it was because i slept on my keys. 8-[

rearwindow

Reaction score
2003-2004 (KJ) Jeep® Liberty
Remote Keyless Entry (Sales Code GXM) built from April 1, 2003 through
December 12, 2003 (MDH 0401XX through 121200).

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh...that's odd. My Jeep was built April 4th, 2003, but I don't know of a recall. I entered my VIN for the LBJ recall, and no other recalls showed up. Maybe mine wasn't included then...at least it's one less trip to the dealer! Or it was done and I wasn't told, but I haven't had any problems!