Back End vs. Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was looking at my 2004 Columbia KJ and realized how much taller the wheel well is off the top of the tire in the Back compared to the Front. Now, the question I now have is A.) Does the actual backend sit higher than the front? and B.) Does this affect installing the lift?

2" in back and 2.5" in back to even out?

Thanks for all the info and here's a pic:

http://photos22.flickr.com/28067204_60c021a9b5.jpg?v=0

dnm45227

Reaction score
Just an uneducated guess, but I think the overall clearance is the same front to back. I assume that the back has additional travel space for towing, carrying equipment and people. I may be wrong, and we'll find out soon enough. I'm sure someone will post the correct answer.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
A.) Does the actual backend sit higher than the front? and B.) Does this affect installing the lift?

The Liberty naturally slopes down, meaning that the front is lower than the back as you have noticed. You can correct this by moving the clevis in the front down by 5/8" to level it out. The clevis looks like a "fork" which is located below the front strut. But no the slope shouldn't effect installing a lift as all Liberty's have them.

Bennett

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
Bennett... do I understand you correctly? If my interpretation is correct, this means you can raise the front end 5/8" (and "level the vehicle) by lowering the clevis that much? What else would this entail? I guess the headlights would have to be re-adjusted for height (aiming)... would this also change anything else (like requiring re-alignment of the front wheels... etc.) ?

Luis