B&G pcm flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fixing to send off my pcm to get a B&G flash done. anyone here done this and if so, could you post some feedback?

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
calling kyliberty! kyliberty to the front! kyliberty...

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works very well. I picked up an extra PCM since mine was the first 3.7 flash they did. That way if I needed to have it tweaked it wouldn't be a problem, and because it was going to take longer than normal since it was the first. I also have the stock PCM I can swap back into it if I ever need to. Mine is an aggressive flash with advanced timing, remapped fuel curves, and the torque management deleted.

On my heavily modified KJ, the Jet Stage 1 I tried first lost 5 rwhp on the dyno compared to the stock PCM. The B&G gained 37 rwhp compared to the stock PCM. Don't expect that much difference unless you have done a ton of modifications. It will however, make a very nice difference and make all your other modifications work a lot better.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KYLiberty - what other modifications have to made to net the 37 whp from the flash?

Oh, just a few things like intake, throttle body, valve body, torque converter, exhaust, ported and polished heads, gears, 50 hp N2O shot. Of course, with the torque management deleted we were able to bump the N2O all the way to a 125 hp shot instead of only being able to get a 50 hp shot to work with the stock PCM, but it just wouldn't be right to claim it gave around a 100 rwhp increase. On an all motor run it was about a 20 rwhp increase.

Buhlerkj

Reaction score
Did u jus replace the valve body or is there some kind of upgrade valve body that u can get? Also whats gears are u running? (What year is your kj?)

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u jus replace the valve body or is there some kind of upgrade valve body that u can get? Also whats gears are u running? (What year is your kj?)

You do realize the last post in this thread was from 2009?

Anyway, the KJ I used to own was a 2002 model year built in 2001 and had the 45RFE transmission. The valve body was modified with a Transgo reprogramming kit. This was the first 3.7 KJ to be switched over to 4.10 gears.

Buhlerkj

Reaction score
I do realize that but i jus joined this form and found this thread and it helped me alot jus needed a little more info and right on I appreciate this help! Thanks

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's also possible to custom tune the PCM depending on year and p/n. Can't really do anything with the 42RLE, but the 45RFE has all kinds of stuff that can be messed with.

Members online