Auto receiver ipod connections for....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other mp3 players, like Zine.

Okay, they all seem to say iPod connections now, but do they allow other players like Zune to connect? Is iPod the generic term now used (like kleenex for tissue paper, Coke for cola's, Band Aid for a bandage)?

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The term "iPod" is definetly being used more and more to refer to an MP3 player. However, sometimes when a HU says "iPod Ready", you might need an acutal Apple iPod. For example, the Pioneer HU's that we have in the KJ and my Dakota are "iPod Ready" and connect to the iPod using the iPod's proprietary Dock Connector. The Dock Connector provides sound output to the HU, power to charge the iPod's battery, and control over the device thru the HU's controls. This type of connection only fits Apple iPod's and no other device.

If the HU just uses the headphone jack on the player to connect, then you could probably use any portable audio device you want. This will give you sound, but will not charge or control the device.

I hope that I got that right and that it helps. ;)