Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08LIBERTYFAN

Reaction score
Hey any of you guys doing an audio system in your kk. Im almost finished with a box that i will be puting a kicker cvr12. just wanted to see if anybody had some ideas. Here is my radio head and the new box.. I still need to get it wrapped.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 09-25-08_1723.jpg
    09-25-08_1723.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 09-25-08_1722.jpg
    09-25-08_1722.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

08LIBERTYFAN

Reaction score
The box was built by me and a friend but wrapped by a local shop. I have never done upholstery before and didn't want to mess up. The amp that will run my mids and highs is located under the drivers seat due to lack of space under rear seat and unwillingness to mount on the rear of the seat. Let me know what you guys think so far.:):)

Mr_Nick

Reaction score
Looks good, nice work!

I sold the old MTX sub and amp that was in my Blazer before I traded it in for the Liberty. Stock Liberty stereo was enough for me... not anymore. I'll probably get the factory Limited sub housing, or see if Q-Logic or somebody comes out with a vehicle specific box.

Smeltn

Reaction score
How does it sound? I have 2 10" RF Punch Classics' with a 500watt amp I was thinking about putting in my Libby.. The box I made for it is the standard rectangle box, which would take up alot of room in the back, I love your box style, would leave alot more room.. but I was wondering how it sounds. Also are you only running 1 12"? Or are you running 2 just showing 1 box?

08LIBERTYFAN

Reaction score
It sounds good but it will probaly sound better with a bigger box. My box only meets the minimum box requirements for this sub. Im actually going to install my components today. I purchased Polk Audio DB6501 for all four doors. Ill post pics tonight of the install.

Smeltn

Reaction score
yeah I was thinking about getting some new door speakers myself. Plus replacing my tweeters in the dash.. But man.. I don't want to take my entire dash off to get to the tweeters.

08LIBERTYFAN

Reaction score
yeah it was a b*tch to get the dash apart. the doors and side panels are easy. i got it all off only to find out that the connection through the wall is to connectors. this makes it impossible to run new thicker wire without having to drill holes in the wall. and to answer your previous question yes it will only be one sub. i wanted to still have enough space to hall stuff for work or rec.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured this was the right thread to ask this question.. does anyone kno how to bypass the e-brake switch for an indash cd/dvd player. i want it so i can have a movie up while driving.. b/c there is no use havin it unless i can have it up. and question 2.. do i need a special adapter for my steering wheel controls?

greenjeepster

Reaction score
Hey any of you guys doing an audio system in your kk. Im almost finished with a box that i will be puting a kicker cvr12. just wanted to see if anybody had some ideas. Here is my radio head and the new box.. I still need to get it wrapped.

Where did you get the new bezel that holds the deck? It looks really clean. Is that storage underneath the new deck?

08LIBERTYFAN

Reaction score
To answer the question about the stereo controls. yes you will probaly need an adapter by PAC to keep your steering wheel controls. Also depending on what radio head you have you can buy a "key" to bypass it or splice certain wires.

08LIBERTYFAN

Reaction score
this is what the stack of parts from the dash looked like and what the finished door product without the cover.