As I heard a loud CRACK!!!! I realized...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#-o

Some days I just hate vehicles.......

Changing the spark plugs this morning and while removing #2, the ratchet slips, and I hear CRACK!!! I think the worst and then notice the broken "cheapo crap brittle hard plastic Engineer needs his a** kicked for designing it that way" crankcase ventilation T fitting that snapped in two.

So I call Jeep, No gots in stock, can order, see ya Tuesday. In the mean time, a little 5 minute epoxy and a whole buncha electrical tape will temp fix that.

Man some days just don't go as planned!

But it could have been much worse. leghump.gif

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Got the part # for it? I did it when I was attempting to snuggly fit my rubber hose from my Cold Air Intake.

2003KJ

Reaction score
LOL!! I remember when i was changing my spark plugs I was having alot of trouble with the back one on the left (passenger) side of the engine. No matter how hard I tried i couldn't get the damn thing to even remotely turn. Finally gave it all I had and it let go, but when that happened, the force i was putting on trying to get that damn plug off shifted and the wratchet and my hand jumped to the left and I heard SNAP!.....couldnt figure out what the hell it was untill I was cleaning up and i went to move the jeep out of my garage and noticed a small yellow plastic piece sitting on the ground as I was backing out. Picked it up and it read ENGINE OIL......son of a bitch!!!!

Called the dealer, ordered a new dipstick, went down and picked it up about a week later....cross drilled the old one out and I was back on my way again.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the 05. The p/n is 53013723AC

I will know for sure if is the whole assy that I am expecting or not on Tuesday. The parts book does not show a pic of it for the parts guys to help me identify. Luckily I know these guys and he understood what I was talking about. Hope its right.

Bad place for that. Bad place for lots of things under there.

I thought it was the plug that broke at first, whew was I relieved.

Damn plastic! Saves money and weight, but sure is not durable. I did learn a lesson on this one though. :-k