Are we going to be JEEPKK or remain KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great job acting fast and getting the domain Bennett... :)

about the site, I am not sure if we discussed this, are we going to remain as KJ only site or add KK in depth, add it to logo? maybe as a shadow or something like that..

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Great job acting fast and getting the domain Bennett... :)

about the site, I am not sure if we discussed this, are we going to remain as KJ only site or add KK in depth, add it to logo? maybe as a shadow or something like that..

hmm.. yea I registered JeepKK.com last January.

It's going to have KK stuff, but I need to plan how its going to be done.

Bennett

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably devide "liberty discussion" into two sections. one with KK and other for KJ.

are you thinking of upgrading forums to SMF ? Have you considered that? It offers fully compatible convert-script from phpbb to smf. That way we can have topic icons, and could ask people to use topic icon when they open the new topic, so people can see if it is KK or KJ, like jeep forums do.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.. i am a big fan of smf.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Probably devide "liberty discussion" into two sections. one with KK and other for KJ.

are you thinking of upgrading forums to SMF ? Have you considered that? It offers fully compatible convert-script from phpbb to smf. That way we can have topic icons, and could ask people to use topic icon when they open the new topic, so people can see if it is KK or KJ, like jeep forums do.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.. i am a big fan of smf.

I like VB Bulletin actually the best its got a lot of configuration options and more fun stuff.

I do own libertycountry.com

probably just use 2 sections.

that can be used.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
right, but I will coming here through jeepkj ! O:)

as for the VB, please consider SMF.

If you have more / spare space what I did before I decided on SMF this is what I did.

1) I copied my db completely into another db_back
2) I copied my /forums/ to another, maybe /forums_back/
3) I assigned a subdomain to /forums_back/
4) I changed /forums_back/ config and php details to point to new db_back
5) I ran PHPBB to SMF converter from http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters

this way I knew that before I ran it on my original working site, if it will work or not and how it performed.

VB costs money for every single sh*t, mods, themes, etc.
smf offers every option vb has, only free

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've been hounding Bennett the last couple weeks about a software change. I think we should convert to VB and I will be more than happy to help with the software charges.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the domain, I'm guessing maybe a redirector to this site, then as mentioned seperate sections for the KK? Might wind up kinda like the CRD section over on L.O.S.T. - I know there are people who go to the CRD section and hardly ever go to any other part of the site...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to vote against VB.. =; Do they offer worry-free convert script? I wouldn't want to lose anything that's already on this site...

take a look at smf.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
I know there are people who go to the CRD section and hardly ever go to any other part of the site...
You just do not know how much that ticks me off. I don't understand why they think they're so special and elite.

Newsflash

YOU DRIVE A JEEP LIBERTY. Done deal!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea... trust me whichever way we go... It will remain un-cluttered.

Short and sweet looks the best.

Bennett