Are the Clamps for the Lower Radiator Hose (Hose-to-Radiator / Hose-to-Engine) The Same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randomuser107

Reaction score
Hey guys, back for the millionth time, trying to get an OEM lower radiator hose clamp I bought from the dealership onto the thermostat housing side of the lower radiator hose, I even bought one of those special tools to get the job done because the clamp was still too tight even when I tightened my vice grips as much as possible. Does anyone know if I'm supposed to be using a special or different part than the clamp I ordered? It will NOT go over the thermostat housing, it simply does not fit even when opened up as much as possible. I'm struggling to push it over the plastic and don't want to do any harm. Anyone care to educate me?

Part # 68084548AA

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-clamp-radiator-hose~68084548aa.html

randomuser107

Reaction score
Finally done! Wasted some money on those extra tools, good old vise grips did the job. Was a real pain getting the clamp onto the thermostat housing but she's finally done leaking! That's a huge weight off my shoulders! :D

Contacted two dealerships in my area regarding the part #s, supposedly they are correct and after all the clamp finally fit, the "special" tools just wouldn't get the clamp open wide enough.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mopar site is telling me this worm gear clamp is the right one for my 2006 https://www.buymoparonline.ca/oem-parts/mopar-lower-hose-clamp-6105105aa

but my current clamps are constant tension, im gonna be replacing tstat housing and lower rad hose soon and want to get fresh constant tension clamps anyone have advice or know which ones i might need from here: