ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have just ordered the following for my '04 KJ:
ARB CKMA12 Compressor
ARB inflation kit
Digital Tyre Inflator ARB601
:winner_third_h4h:

I guess that many of you have already installed one in your Jeeps.
Therefore, the question is, where is the best place to install it? Is there any way i can skip drilling?
Where is the best place to install the switches?
Any photo's of the installation?

Thanks!

PS. I checked all the how to's and could not find it anywhere...

Last edited:

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey NBAS,

I had the same air compressor, and it just recently blew out. Had it for 5 years, and used it regularly, before it quit while airing up in 100+ California desert heat.

My 4x4 shop installed the pump when they installed the lockers, so I wasn't around to see how they did it. I attached some old pictures so you can get an idea of where it's located, and how it's attached.

You must be registered for see images attach

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Greece, but here in the States, when drilling is needed and a drill is not available we buy one at Home Depot, or Lowes. As well as any drill bits, wrenches needed. After the job is done, just take em back, say you weren't satisfied and get your money back.:happy175:

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey NBAS,

I had the same air compressor, and it just recently blew out. Had it for 5 years, and used it regularly, before it quit while airing up in 100+ California desert heat.

My 4x4 shop installed the pump when they installed the lockers, so I wasn't around to see how they did it. I attached some old pictures so you can get an idea of where it's located, and how it's attached.

Thanks Charles for the info and photo's! Very helpful!

Skip drilling? Might as well just lay it in the cargo area. .
I thought of that, but I prefer to install it in the engine.

.Don't know about Greece, but here in the States, when drilling is needed and a drill is not available we buy one at Home Depot, or Lowes. As well as any drill bits, wrenches needed. After the job is done, just take em back, say you weren't satisfied and get your money back.
:happy175:
Here in Greece, this cannot be done, because if they accepted the tools after being sold, everybody would do it!!!:happy175:
I am thinning of using a metalic plate as we did in my friends Wrangler last week when we installed it. It was bolted and the arb was bolted on it. No drilling at all.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this to inflate your tyres when out on the trails?

I use a portable compressor. I just keep it in the back of the jeep. It connects to the battery and works really well. I have this one: https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/products/air-compressors/thumper-air-compressor.html

Edit: I have that compressor installed under the driver seat. Its used for the Air lockers. My switches are mounted beside the gear stick

61059[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• bErqrfC.jpg
    bErqrfC.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this to inflate your tyres when out on the trails?

I use a portable compressor. I just keep it in the back of the jeep. It connects to the battery and works really well. I have this one: https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/pro...ompressor.html

Edit: I have that compressor installed under the driver seat. Its used for the Air lockers. My switches are mounted beside the gear stick

Yes, for the time being, it will be used to inflate the tyres. Later on, if my economics permit it, I plan to add a rear locker or both lockers, so i need to have space for three switches.
How did you fit it under the seat? This is a good alternative to the engine installation. I have seen some adaptors for the Wrangler, but nothing for the KJ...
Thanks for the photo of the switch install. It is a good place, easy to install since the compressor is under the driver seat.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you fit it under the seat? This is a good alternative to the engine installation. I have seen some adaptors for the Wrangler, but nothing for the KJ...
QUOTE]

It fits nicely under the seat. It lays on its side and the seat is able to move freely back and forth without hitting the compressor. Ill take a photo when I get home and show you. You will have to remove the front seat to install it obviously.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It fits nicely under the seat. It lays on its side and the seat is able to move freely back and forth without hitting the compressor. Ill take a photo when I get home and show you. You will have to remove the front seat to install it obviously.

Interesting! I How did you secure it? Is it bolted on the floor? It would be helpfull if you could send a photo, thank you!

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor is bolted to the floor, so it requires a bit of drilling. ARB did the install, not me.

Looking front to rear.
61076[/ATTACH]"]

Looking side on:
61078[/ATTACH]"]

Looking rear to front:
61080[/ATTACH]"]

Upon a closer look, im not certain my compressor is the exact same model as yours, but you can see there is plenty of room for a larger compressor.

Attachments

• UO0In7z.jpg
    UO0In7z.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3
  • FvPFMFY.jpg
    FvPFMFY.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
  • MALx7LB.jpg
    MALx7LB.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That seat isn't power, right? Looks like there's lots of room under there.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor is bolted to the floor, so it requires a bit of drilling. ARB did the install, not me.
Thanks for the photo's!! Very informative! I will take my time on the installation to find the position that suits me best. Yes, i can see clearly that there is a lot of space there... My seats are also not powered, so the space is the same.:icon_razz:

Upon a closer look, im not certain my compressor is the exact same model as yours, but you can see there is plenty of room for a larger compressor.
It looks a lot like the one i've got (ARB CKMA12). Charlesthe2nd has an older version shown in his photo's...

Latest posts

Members online