ARB 2000 awning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leematthew

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m new to the forum and a new owner of a 2005 KJ. Been looking in to installing an awning and it’s looking like the best option would be the ARB 2000. Just wondered if anyone here had installed one and had any tips or pictures of their install?

I did consider the 1250 although I’m concerned it will be too small. The 2000 would be a great size but I just want to make sure it will fit well considering there will be a fair amount of overhang due to the shorter length of the factory rails.

Thanks.

Lee

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Lee,

The ARB 2000 is a pretty amazing addition to the vehicle. I installed mine several years ago at this point, but it's been used constantly since then. I went with the 1250, just because it was all we needed. The 2000 would go up to the front door, covering almost the entire side of the Jeep.

The mount was not exactly perfect, as there was a large gap between the awning and Jeep. I used L brackets with U bolts around my yakima bars. Mounting it to the factory bars, you'll need shift it upwards, otherwise it will interfere with the doors opening, especially when the awning is open. I'd imagine the bracket to look something like a lower case "d" with the awning mounted on the right side, towards the top to move it away from the roof and doors.

I hope you get a lot of use out of your awning Lee! It sure makes camping a breeze.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach