Anyone here get DC to install LBJ moogs free?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinkin' maybe I can get them to put in the moogs free instead of their POS replacements.

Anyone else manage to pull this off?

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a cool dealership that understands Jeep owners, go and ask the service department. They like to help work things out. If you have a (anti-)Chrysler dealership that also sells jeep only because they don't want to lose the market share, you may as well talk to your dog!:mad:

My dealership probably would have at least done the labor for free, & might have bought the joints as well. I already had the front of my KJ torn apart when I found out that the recall had not been done. They did press the Moogs into the steering knuckles for me for free. Park Jeep in Burnsville, MN...can't say enough good things about them...yet.[-o<

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would take a dealer that you know personally. They MUST install the recall joints to satisfy DC. If you took some random joints in there and had them install them and they failed, you could sue DC saying they didnt put the right joints in there even though you told me to.

Ive read a few threads about people trying to do this and the dealer wouldnt do it. They said they would install the recall joints, then take them back out and put the moogs in.. Which would be stupid. After you change so many joints, youve got to get new knuckle b/c the holes that the joints go in will wear out and not hold the joints anymore. Rob over on Jeepforum works at a dealership and was talking about it. Some libertys come in that have had so many joints changed, they need new knuckles b/c the joints fell back out.