Anyone have one???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the same one from westin. the only difference is i took out the headlight guards.
sorry for the weird angle . there was a car parked in front of me

That's nice! Definitely the look i want along with some added driving lights on there.

You got it from Westin you say? So they are the one that makes that style then cause it looks exactly like the ebay one. Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it??

I checked some Westin dealers around here and gave them the part number 40-1035 for the Liberty and they are quoting me 2-3 times the price of the one on eBay.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
i got the same one from westin. the only difference is i took out the headlight guards.
You must be registered for see images attach

Could you measure the width of that plate where you mount auxiliary lights for me?
I'd be interested to see if my Backbone would fit in between the "Push bars".

LibertyTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you got that one pictured for $260?? If so where the heck did you get it for that price?

Yeah I got the chrome one for 260 shipped from CA to NC fedex ground. I got it on fleabay back in February. truck_and_suv_stuff is the store (screen name) of the company on fleabay the guy's name is Adam, really good guy, I don't know if he's got anymore Chrome one's or not. If you want PM me and I'll give you his email address and check with him direct. Tom

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's nice! Definitely the look i want along with some added driving lights on there.

You got it from Westin you say? So they are the one that makes that style then cause it looks exactly like the ebay one. Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it??

I checked some Westin dealers around here and gave them the part number 40-1035 for the Liberty and they are quoting me 2-3 times the price of the one on eBay.

it came with my jeep when i bought it so i wouldnt know a price.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got the chrome one for 260 shipped from CA to NC fedex ground. I got it on fleabay back in February. truck_and_suv_stuff is the store (screen name) of the company on fleabay the guy's name is Adam, really good guy, I don't know if he's got anymore Chrome one's or not. If you want PM me and I'll give you his email address and check with him direct. Tom

I found him on ebay, still $260 for the guard but another $85 shipping, thats why i was wondering how in the world you got one for $260!!

LibertyTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found him on ebay, still $260 for the guard but another $85 shipping, thats why i was wondering how in the world you got one for $260!!

I guess I bought one of the first ones he sold, I knew it was a good deal, but he didn't have the actual picture of it, but sent me a pic of one in black, so I took a chance. Adam is a great guy and has good prices on step rails too. Even at 260 + shipping, he's still cheaper than other's for the chrome, most of them wanted 500 + shipping up to 600.00 + shipping. The bars are solid and good quality, 4 allen bolts and you can remove the bars covering the lights, it also has 2 pre-drilled holes for aux lights.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you measure the width of that plate where you mount auxiliary lights for me?
I'd be interested to see if my Backbone would fit in between the "Push bars".

yea sure. but i probably wont have a measurement for you until 10pm est unless i can get on the computer at school earlier

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info guys, i'm going to do some more pricing and shopping yet, i got time.

I'm going to be spending about $400 on tires next week so the guard has to wait just a bit yet. And the smart ones probably realize at that price i'm not replacing the spare yet, that will happen soon also just because i'm picky. Maybe i can sell that like new stock tire on the back to recoup some cost eh?? LOL

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck_and_suv_stuff on eBay has a brush guard for the later model year Liberty's but none for the 02-04 model right now. I emailed him just to check his prices, just in case.

LibertyTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck_and_suv_stuff on eBay has a brush guard for the later model year Liberty's but none for the 02-04 model right now. I emailed him just to check his prices, just in case.

Truck and suv stuff sells the steelcraft one, you can probably see if they still list the KJ on their website. Good luck with Adam, I know he's a good guy and will try his best to help you.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck and suv stuff sells the steelcraft one, you can probably see if they still list the KJ on their website. Good luck with Adam, I know he's a good guy and will try his best to help you.

What is his website address, he doesn't mention it on ebay and i cant find him despite all the searches in google and elsewhere.

LibertyTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oops! that's steelcraft's website truck and suv stuff doesn't have a website, just an ebay store, but steelcraft makes the products he sells. I bought mine in Jan 169.00 + 99.00 shipping 268.00 the last time I saw him on ebay it was 269.00 free shipping, same difference.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.steelcraftautomotive.com/grill_guard.html

Liberty02-04 black part#52070 Chrome #52077 no pictures online the 08 online instructions are very similar to the ones that came with mine. T

That's a nice looking guard... I will keep an eye out for an email from him, or watch eBay to see if he lists any. Otherwise i will probably stick to the Westin knockoff on ebay for $238 shipped.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres a side view just in case u were wondering how much it sticks out

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the side view! I sure like the look of that one, can't wait to get one.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

I can buy a Brush Guard from DeeZee which pretty much looks like the one in the picture above for $450.00 Canadian here at a local auto parts store.
Even though these brush Guards will damage the KJ more in any type of collision, weather another vehicle or large animal; we are thinking of getting one of these as Jennifer likes it and I do as well.
This is why I wanted to know the width between the up-right "Push bars".
It has to work with the Detours Backbone winch mount.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.