Anyone have auxilliary driving lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
Now that I've installed a pair of PAA Xtreme bulbs in my '05 Ltd, I find they create such a distinct pattern that I often feel I am "outdriving" the high beams. Then again, the new tires (Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza) are giving me a strange confidence to drive faster. All the time.

Too many deer around these twisty mountain roads, so I would like to add a pair of auxilliary driving lights. I'm leaning toward the PIAA 2100 series lights. It looks as if they would fit in the slots under the front bumper cover.

I had PIAA 520 driving lights added to my old Wagoneer, and I loved them; they made the deer look as if they had frost on their backs, and I never felt as if I were "outdriving" the lights.

Just curious what solutions others have tried.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Hella 500s on my bumper:
You must be registered for see images

They throw a lot of light down the road:
You must be registered for see images

Sorry for the blurriness, I'll try to get some better photos soon.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I think it's your given right as a Jeep owner to install more lights on your vehicle. 300+ watts should be a min.

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
I appreciate the photos. My '05 has a different front end, however, so I'm looking for a nice fit within the grill area.

JeepnJer

Reaction score
Question for Corwyn...

I'm considering bumper mounting a pair of driving lights right next to the '05 factory fog lights (Hella 500's) on my Renegade. Trying to decide between PIAA's and Hella 500's. PIAA's are 85 watt, Hellas are 55 watt.

Corwyn... in your Hella 500 photo it looks like you have the driving lights. They look brighter than your high beams! Were only your Hellas on, or did you have your high beams on too?

TIA

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FSJ Ralph said:
I appreciate the photos. My '05 has a different front end, however, so I'm looking for a nice fit within the grill area.
I understand the front grille is different on the '05s, my mom has one also. However I believe the location where I have my Hellas mounted is the same as the lights on the '05 Rennys; someone can chime in if that isn't the case.
JeepnJer said:
Corwyn... in your Hella 500 photo it looks like you have the driving lights. They look brighter than your high beams! Were only your Hellas on, or did you have your high beams on too?

TIA
Both the high beams and the Hellas (yes, they are the driving lights). The nice thing about the Hellas is that the pattern is narrower than the high beams; I'll try to get a new photo when I have a chance that illustrates how I can light up a stop sign from 3/4 mile distance (just as soon as I have some spare time and can remember to take my tripod with me).