Any white KJ owners.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my long search for a KJ is still on after i found out how much my insurance goes up ($1400 btw) compared to my beretta. I am really trying to stay in the 10-12k range, a local dealer just called me and they have an 02 sport that just came in with a little over 100,000 kilometers (not miles) on it. He said it is great condition, no scratches no dents or anything, the couple who is selling it, is buying a new kj. The only downfall (for me) is that it is white, i have never really had a thing for white vehicles, they show dirt so easy and the white on liberties is more of a cream color.

So the question now is to the white liberty owners, what do you think of yours? you regret getting a white kj, love it? hate it? I am going down to see it tomorow, still a little iffy if i want white or not though.

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont own a white Liberty, but I've always thought that a white car is alot easier to keep clean than a dark colour...dont know about the cream colour thou.

dnm45227

Reaction score
our crd is white and it is white, not even a hint of a cream color. as far as showing dirt, i supose not more then any other color. it's an '05 and i think it goes well with the chrome, much better than any other color (at least in my opinion). truth be told though, i'm not really a big fan of the chrome trim.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine has had white vehicles before, and to me it's kinda like silver or tan....meaning that when it's dirty you can't really tell that much, on the other hand, when it's CLEAN you can't really tell that much either! Unless it's REALLY dirty, then of course you can tell a difference.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a white KJ but I had a white car once but it had a blue roof.
But actually I was surprised that it didn't show the dirt as bad as you might think. Not my favorite color but not bad.

I'll tell you one thing about any color though, if you have to live with it and drive it every day and don't like it, then it will get old fast. Make sure it also has at least most of the options you like and is in good condition. It doesn't cost anything to check it out.

Happy KJ hunting. :D

Dave

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a white Liberty, and purposely sought one. I really like contrast on the vehicle though...with the dark gray, or black, fender molding and the white paint, I think it looks pretty sharp. Some people dig white, others dislike. Go with what your first reaction is. Either it stands out to you, or it does nothing for you.

And as far as dirt goes and keeping it clean, white has always been known to stay looking the cleanest even when dirty...I think you might have meant black. I owned a black car once...5 minutes after washing it, it looked dirty again. Never again.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The subject line was funny tehee.

As for white I think they look great. Besides black, white would have been my next option. For me it looks great with chrome and tinted windows. I like taking a look at some of the lifted white KJ's on this site and LOST. Good luck with the purchase!!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The subject line was funny tehee.

As for white I think they look great. Besides black, white would have been my next option. For me it looks great with chrome and tinted windows. I like taking a look at some of the lifted white KJ's on this site and LOST. Good luck with the purchase!!
I didn't even think about that until you brought it up. HA-HA, very funny. Anyway.....

I like white KJs, especially Limited Editions. One of the best looking colors, actually! Not so much on Sports... but there is nothing wrong with a white KJ. If the price is right, go for it. It might grow on you like silver has on me. (But nothing will beat a good Red, and the only good red Chrysler has... they put on the Charger and Magnum. :(

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my gf is very excited about white when i told her about a custom pin stripe on it

She wants to do a blue custom pinstripe and work in a tribal eagle into it. Shes an artist..

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
That would definitely bring some excitement to the Libby!!!! Silver is another boring color that needs a little.... "help" to look good. Mine still needs some help, lol. :)

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well nvm about that one, was a base model, not even tinted windows, crappy mags and the plastic that covers the spedo had water marks on it...on the INSIDE, so was very turned off of that one *sigh*

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
well nvm about that one, was a base model, not even tinted windows, crappy mags and the plastic that covers the spedo had water marks on it...on the INSIDE, so was very turned off of that one *sigh*

Well, at least you went and looked. Now you know it's not the one for you. There's more out there and I'm sure you'll find the right one.

Dave

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the world did THAT happen?!!?

I don't know about that one, but the Ranger that I traded for my KJ had to have some body work after a guy ran a red light and hit me. When I picked it up from the body shop, I noticed that there was clear coat on the instrument panel. I later realized that it was not on the front side, but it was on the INSIDE where the speedometer and needles are. That thing is pretty much sealed, I never took the time to take it apart to get it off.......how the heck does this stuff happen?? I don't get it.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea well after seeing that i was very turned off by the vehicle. So my search continues, one dealership is bring in a 02 sport just comin in on lease on monday so i will take a look at that one.