Another New Ohio Jeeper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cincyphotoguy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am an average professional from Cincinnati. I just bought a 2002 Liberty Limited and so far I love it. It is totally stock. Part of my decision to go with a Liberty was based on alot of what I read on Jeep KJ Country. I will have pics soon...It is a 2002 Blk Unlimited...The dealer didn't list it as having keyless entry, but when I found the stereo buttons on the back side of the steering wheel...I had a dealer check the build sheet...I have keyless entry!!! Of course, I have to go and buy the fobs.. again, thanks for all the great information....Nothing looks better than a Liberty hood and grill!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome......and another black KJ......:D

It would be a limited (not unlimited). If you got it from a Jeep Dealer make them give you the keys/fobs. You should have 2 sets. They should do that.

Glad to see we got you hooked already.....:D

Dave

Last edited:

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dangit, another black ohio Kj..... I thought all the black ones had to be up north :D
Welcome. There are a few of us down Cinci way, the Ohio group is pretty active ith meets/ etc.
What part of Cinci if I may ask? I b just bit north in Hamiltucky.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie is in Mason and works in Miamisburg.

We often have meet 'n' greets and wrench fests in the Dayton and Cbus areas, so when you decide to lift your KJ, and then install a snorkel, etc etc...ThunderbirdJunkie will be there.

Watching, drinking a beer, and saying "You're doing it wrong!"

cincyphotoguy

Reaction score
Get this one!!!

Jeep is already back at the dealer...ignition switch! Drove to work yesterday and when i tried to leave...the key would turn..dash lights come on...but nothing when u turn the key to start. Had to have it towed to the dealer...when i took out the key...all the lights, radio, fan would all work..with the key in my pocket. The dealer gave me a rental and said it it the ignition lock. They ordered the part and will have it in tomorrow...what a way to start a life with a new car!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering how many times an ignition switch gets cycled it happens... If thats all it is then not that big of a deal.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always feel bad when you see a car broke down on side of road and it's got 30 day tags. My boss's son bought am exploder, 2-3 weeks after the ****** went, then they had to replace the rear axle bearings. no wonder he got a good deal.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I hail from the northern part of Ky that may as well just be part of Ohio.
But your not, you're still a hillbilly..... (naughty)(whistle)poke.gif:D
I'm still trying to figure out how the Greater Cinci airport can be in Ky?

RedKJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But your not, you're still a hillbilly..... (naughty)(whistle)poke.gif:D
I'm still trying to figure out how the Greater Cinci airport can be in Ky?

Yeah that has always puzzled me as well... Yeah well according to the "hillbillies" down south we aren't really even part of KY so I guess we are in the neutral zone between Ohio and KY... Who really knows...

But what I do know is of the members I have met so far I am liking the Ohio ones better. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought anyone who lived below Dayton was part of Kentucky or is it just the fact that everyone who lives there came across the Ohio River on the flashlight beam? daylight came and they couldn't get back across the river:p

Thats Ok all of my Dads side of the family came from West Virginia

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought anyone who lived below Dayton was part of Kentucky or is it just the fact that everyone who lives there came across the Ohio River on the flashlight beam? daylight came and they couldn't get back across the river:p

Thats Ok all of my Dads side of the family came from West Virginia

and you got nerve to make fun of us down here;) My mom was born way down in Ky and came up when she was about 7-8. My dad's line came over from Germany so I'm all mixed up. I do live in "hamiltucky"
Flashlight beam.. ur funny Tom :rolleyes: