Another new Jeep owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGateII

Reaction score
OK, let’s do it.

I’m 48, I live in Quebec near Montreal, Got a 05 Libby (first jeep of my life) 3 months ago and i simply love it.

(libsilver) I went back in the garage, removed dust from all tool boxes, got the air compressor cleaned and ready for all eventual impact wrench attack, made 3 trips to recycling yard with jeep loaded of junk from all the shelves in garage and basement. Damn!!! What do these little things have to put their owners in that state? I believe a lost 20lbs loll.

So far, just to make a short story, i started by the hand brake pads and brake kit (got 1 wheel smoking hot 2 days after i purchased it). installed a Cobra CB with a magnetic antenna on top the third brake light (lots of fun pushing that big coax connector under carpet from the back seats to the front near the passenger seat) Used sticky Velcro to attach the CB to center console. Then seeing that all my rubber bushings were cracked (nothing missing but lots of deep cracks in them) i started by replacing the upper arms that showed up for sale on local classified ads. Now i need a real alignment. Previous owner made the tie rod ends and obviously didn't re-align it (eating tires).

So while doing all that I was reading you guys and got lots of valuable information and I’ll keep doing it for long. I’m looking now for wheel spacers, lift kits, waiting for my sway bar bushings and link kits to show up in mailbox and I’m sure that next week I’ll have new ideas of things I could do on her.

And yeah, wife approves all this of course and agreed with that new way of life.. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard her saying something positive about it,,, I believe, hmmm, I should ask her again. :Violin:

HO, made a 3000 km camping trip to P.I.E with it and it was just an amazing ride. :driver: I’ve put some pics in an album.

Well, that’s it for now, glad to be here sharing that passion with you guys. :wave:

Cheers.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice first post!

It looks like you didn't waste any time getting your new Jeep into serious upgrade mode. You are going to have a lot of fun with it, I'm sure. :happy160: