Another EVIC question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottiedog

Reaction score
My new question is about housing... Is the housing from a GC the same as a liberty? Are there any housings that can work in place of a Liberty overhead console housing and look right?

Thanks,
Scott.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVIC

I think all the EVIC's use the same housing. I know the one in my mom's Grand Cherokee is identical. There's one on eBay from a Dakota that looks the same as well.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Housing should be the same....just sometimes the map light configuration doesn't quite fit in the hole correctly, so you may need to use the maplights from your current overhead and put them in.....but a majority of them work with no problems.

k3tl

Reaction score
just be careful...if it has a us/m button, is's an OTIS....the housings are common from abt '96 for dodge/chrysler....some look better than others.
...Rick..

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats something I forgot, I had to pull the lights out of my existing overhead lights, along with their harness/switches because the connector was different. Took about 2 minutes once I realized how to do it.

See the How-To article and Complete install instructions for info if u haven't seen it already.

-Blu

scottiedog

Reaction score
Well guys, I have purchased a 02 GC console from ebay and a 04 Liberty overhead console EVIC module from trademotion. I plan on marrying them together and installing them in my '06 Liberty :-k .... I did all this for less than the $305 console that sold on ebay Saturday (got outbid with 11 seconds to go ](*,) ) I will let everyone know how it works. The worse thing that can happen is that it all goes up in smoke :-({|=

Thank you all for your help.
Scott.

hootal

Reaction score
Temp Sensor on 2006 Liberty Sport!

After reading (BluPhant) install instructions for the EVIC, I noticed a sensor located behind the grille just off center to the drivers side on my 2006 Liberty Sport. Could this possible be a remote temp. sensor for the EVIC console even tho my liberty did not come with same?? (Aeh) (Aeh)

scottiedog

Reaction score
hootal,

Even though I am fairly new into KJ's, it is my understanding that in 2004 and later Liberty's, that Jeep uses this ambient temp sensor to help engine mapping. More experienced owners, please correct me if I am wrong.

Because of this, the signal from the ambient temp sensor is sent through the computer differently. Therefore, only '04 or newer EVIC's know were to look.

Regards,
Scott.