Another Airbag Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently it's the same recall, but the manufacturer's (not the car, the air bag) fix didn't actually fix anything. :thumbsdown:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently it's the same recall, but the manufacturer's (not the car, the air bag) fix didn't actually fix anything. :thumbsdown:

Yep, I had the first one done some time ago and it sounded like BS to me. Maybe they'll get it right this time. :shrug:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fun stuff. Sounds like I wasted an hour of time at the dealer last time.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun stuff. Sounds like I wasted an hour of time at the dealer last time.

Well, might as well have them check out my ass end while I'm there. Never had the hitch check done and they keep bugging me. :happy175:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received the R06 ORC safety recall notification to replace the previous M35 ORC recall.
*Currently parts are not available and will be contacted again by mail once parts are available.

applies to 2002 to 2003 liberty models, 2002-2004 grand cherokee and 2003-2004 dodge viper.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still waiting to be notified by mail. Hoping it will fix my airbag light that comes on when above 50F but I doubt it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Still waiting to be notified by mail. Hoping it will fix my airbag light that comes on when above 50F but I doubt it.

Move to Cleveland. You'd be safe for 90% of the year. :blah:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, might as well have them check out my ass end while I'm there. Never had the hitch check done and they keep bugging me. :happy175:

Wow! That's REALLY a Full-Service Dealer!! :happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! That's REALLY a Full-Service Dealer!! :happy175:

Yep, and I think they accept body parts as payment. An arm here, a leg there. :gr_grin:

Actually I'm kidding, they really have been good to me over the years. I even went in there with an emergency fix a few years back and they were quick and reasonable.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received the R06 ORC safety recall notification to replace the previous M35 ORC recall.
*Currently parts are not available and will be contacted again by mail once parts are available.

applies to 2002 to 2003 liberty models, 2002-2004 grand cherokee and 2003-2004 dodge viper.

Thanks for posting all the years/models affected. My daughter just started driving her 04 Grand Cherokee around. I will have to look into this

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had the hitch recall done They put the hitch on but no wiring lol and they also did a airbag wiring/sensor recall and next month I was told to take it back to change out the actual airbag cause they send metal shards flying at your face when they go off not good in my book lol

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got another recall letter and just got off the phone w/ the dealership.
The hardware fix is now available.

git 'r done....

Last edited:

bobk

Reaction score
Yes, I had it done last week. When I picked it up, the AIR BAG light was on. It never was before. The mechanic came out with the computer and reset the codes. It was off for a few days. Then, it came on one day, off the next. Now its on most of the time.

Is this repair complete, or are there additional parts to install? It was the ORC R06 module.

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as I know that is the latest one.
There were other airbag recalls but I think this fixes the issue since the other recall(s) did not work.
might want to check your VIN for other recalls.