Annoying squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
Anyone else have an annoying rear window squeak? ](*,)

I'm assuming it's the seal round the window, and I put some silicone spray lubricant on it, which seems to have helped a little, but its still there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K9 DAD said:

I'm assuming it's the seal round the window, and I put some silicone spray lubricant on it, which seems to have helped a little, but its still there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I been on that trail for over a year now, I also siliconed the rear glass seal to no avail. Greased the catch on the flipper glass window and it's lock mechanism all with no results. I have been thinking that it is actually the material the the lock mechanism is made from that engages the flipper glass catch. It appears to be a hard type of plastic, that might be doing the squeaking as the body flexes and it rubs on the flipper glass catch. Even grease did not eliminate the squeak entirely, so now when it warms up, I am going to put a piece of tape on the flipper glass catch to see what happens.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
valvestem said:
K9 DAD said:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I been on that trail for over a year now, I also siliconed the rear glass seal to no avail. Greased the catch on the flipper glass window and it's lock mechanism all with no results. I have been thinking that it is actually the material the the lock mechanism is made from that engages the flipper glass catch. It appears to be a hard type of plastic, that might be doing the squeaking as the body flexes and it rubs on the flipper glass catch. Even grease did not eliminate the squeak entirely, so now when it warms up, I am going to put a piece of tape on the flipper glass catch to see what happens.

#-o Thanks....I guess. :) Hope you find a fix.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
OK. A few days ago, I sprayed Silicone lubricant all along the weather stripping on the back window, as well as spraying lubricant into the mechanism where the window latches to the tailgate.

Now I have a "clunking" noise. If I push on the window from outside, I can replicate (?) the sound, so I think it the latching mechanism? Is it possible soaking the latch and mechanism with silicone lubricant "removed" the grease and this is causing the noise? I've applied some white grease hoping that will fix the problem.

Anyone have something that sounds familiar happen with their Libby? Hope I wasn't too confusing.

Thanks
Ed

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I just fixed this problem yesterday!

Here's what I did.

I put a product called Magic Lube on every rubber seal. (You can find this stuff at a pool place). Then I sprayed WD40 on every latch and around the entire plastic trim piece. I had a problem with the trim piece, because it kept shifting making this weird noise.

Basically every moving part or non moving part got lubricated... LOL and it fixed the problem.

Bennett

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great find! This has been driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The dealer fixed it for awhile, but it returned. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I will find this "magic lube" and hopefully this will cure mine as well. Thanks Bennett! =D>

K9 DAD

Reaction score
Thanks Bennett! I think I cured the squeak, but in closing the rear window repeatedly, I think I messed up the latch mechanism?

No more squeak, now just a "clunking" noise. Going to the dealer Thurs. to have the latching mechanism looked at.