Aluminum Trany Pan in development - Please Read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselenthusiast

Reaction score
I’ve been working with PML www.yourcovers.com in building an aluminum transmission pan for the Jeep Liberty 42RLE. I have sent them pictures and other information to help assist them with the design. Our goal is to make the transmission pan work with the OE skid plate. So far, here is the information that I have:

The price range will be from $210 - $230 dollars in the as-cast finish. The aluminum trany pan will include mounting hardware, magnetic drain plug, and a boss for a temp sensor.

For obvious reasons, PML is wanting to make sure that there is a market for the aluminum transmission pan. I would like to know how many of you at sometime or another would buy a transmission pan as described above and at the price listed above. The design process has already started.

The advantages of an Aluminum Transmission Pan.

1. A deeper pan will hold more fluid, thus providing more cooling
2. The Aluminum pan and fins would greatly reduce transmission temperatures
3. The magnetic drain plug would capture metal shavings, keeping your fluid clean
4. The drain plug would allow for easy drain intervals without having to remove the pan
5. A temperature sending unit would allow you to monitor transmission temperatures
6. Reducing trany temperatures would prolong the life of your transmission and trany fluid
7. Perfect for towing and off-roading

NCC-1864

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep me posted
I would probably buy one.
since mine has a tendency to overheat while I'm off-roading.
Also,what kind of heavy duty cooling fan do you have?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Hey DE!

Just wondering if they have before/after results as far as aluminum vs OE pan temps for other transmissions as an example?