AHHH!!!! My Jeep is WRECKED!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feetwet said:
Bevuel said:
Im am seriously thinking about investing in a brush guard now. Good thing my 10 month baby girl was not with me.

What is your reasoning on the Brush Gaurd? That would have made the force of the impact more severe for the occupants of both vehicles since there would be less energy dissipated via the "crush zones".

Methinks its the amount of $ damage done to the KJ. I'm going to agree with the OP here, the pictures are very convincing that a brush guard (besides looking cool) can also help protect you car from collisions like this.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feetwet said:
Bevuel said:
Im am seriously thinking about investing in a brush guard now. Good thing my 10 month baby girl was not with me.

What is your reasoning on the Brush Gaurd? That would have made the force of the impact more severe for the occupants of both vehicles since there would be less energy dissipated via the "crush zones".

I agree here. I wouldnt put a brush guard on. Thats part of the reasoning mine came off. Although they can provide some protection offroad, onroad it really messes with your crumple zones.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bevuel, glad that you are okay and that the insurance worked out.

Plus, wow, your KJ did do a number on that Ford! Wow! (deadhorse)

Let us know how it goes...

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
feetwet said:
Bevuel said:

I agree here. I wouldnt put a brush guard on. Thats part of the reasoning mine came off. Although they can provide some protection offroad, onroad it really messes with your crumple zones.

I don't know about "NOT" putting a brush guard on because of crumple zone changes. Any accident that is damaging enough to create crumple of the vehicle is more than just a small or mild accident. For the most part a brush guard will reduce the repair cost that comes from a small/mild accident (low speed). When you hit something with the front of your Jeep you are most likely going to inflict damage to the bumper, headlights, fog lights, sheet metal, and possibly things such as the radiator, AC condenser, etc.... It will be costly just to replace these items and the bill can add up. A brush guard could prevent damage to these areas, thus saving you $$$ in the end.

I have had first hand experience where a guy backed right up into my front end. He was doing a good 5-10 mph and hit me. I was in the parking lot and my mouth dropped! When I came out he had a smashed headlight and a small dent in his fender. My brush guard has a slight scratch on it and everything else is 100% fine. I have always felt that if my brushguard was not there I could've easily had a busted headlight or damage to my entire front end.

I'm 100% positive that most accidents will cause damage, just how much damage depends on the accident itself.

Bevuel

Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
desertkj said:
feetwet said:
Bevuel said:

I don't know about "NOT" putting a brush guard on because of crumple zone changes. Any accident that is damaging enough to create crumple of the vehicle is more than just a small or mild accident. For the most part a brush guard will reduce the repair cost that comes from a small/mild accident (low speed). When you hit something with the front of your Jeep you are most likely going to inflict damage to the bumper, headlights, fog lights, sheet metal, and possibly things such as the radiator, AC condenser, etc.... It will be costly just to replace these items and the bill can add up. A brush guard could prevent damage to these areas, thus saving you $$$ in the end.

I have had first hand experience where a guy backed right up into my front end. He was doing a good 5-10 mph and hit me. I was in the parking lot and my mouth dropped! When I came out he had a smashed headlight and a small dent in his fender. My brush guard has a slight scratch on it and everything else is 100% fine. I have always felt that if my brushguard was not there I could've easily had a busted headlight or damage to my entire front end.

I'm 100% positive that most accidents will cause damage, just how much damage depends on the accident itself.

Very intersting... Good advise on both sides. My jeep is a city jeep, its sad but true. Most of the off-roading we do is over crubs. nono.gif
I've had a hard time finding a brush guard that would look good on the Renegade. With the foglights being where they are, I am limited.
Who knows, I might add a brush guard, I might not . We will see when the time comes. I have to weigh out my options.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew we had a good side impact rating, didn't know it was on the other vehicle though. ](*,) j/k Good to hear it's getting taken care of. I just went a month without mine and you will definately be glad to have it back, I know I was.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha...stupid women drivers (Yes, I am a women) served her right to have her "truck" smashed in!

I am glad you are ok, and your Liberty is repairable!

Mine was rearended at slow speed at a stoplight. The moron in a Toyota Camry who hit me had a completely totalled hood and who knows if there was any other damage...all that my Jeep has is a little crinkle in the sheet metal where the spare tire mounts...that you can't even notice unless you look at a certain angle!