Aftermarket throttle body or better OEM design?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a bit of research and have been seemingly unable to find much information on a good aftermarket throttle body or something with an improved upon OEM design... Any suggestion out there? Just looking for something that could help improve throttle response and the overall performance of the vehicle itself... No, I'm not trying to go fast lol.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what ive been hearing most people slap on a 4.7L throttle body, it's slightly larger, if i find one in a junk yard might snag it to try

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn't the computer just learn around it? It'd be awesome if it didn't.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the computer just learn around it? It'd be awesome if it didn't.
I haven't noticed the learn around at all. Of course I drive stick so I am not sure of automatics. With a less restrictive exhaust and the bigger throttle body it definitely feels more opened up. Or at least just louder lol

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what ive been hearing most people slap on a 4.7L throttle body, it's slightly larger, if i find one in a junk yard might snag it to try

Interesting.... If you happen to do this you need to start a new thread on it. Would really like to see if there's any kind of gain.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed the learn around at all. Of course I drive stick so I am not sure of automatics. With a less restrictive exhaust and the bigger throttle body it definitely feels more opened up. Or at least just louder lol

Found the site easily on Fastman, any testimonial on them? Any gain or loss in MPG? Power band noticeable? Throttle response? What do they bore them out to, 65mm?

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple threads on it already, seens to give a little bit of throttle response and 1 mpg aprox

Ps probably a bigger diffrence if you have a tuner

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple threads on it already, seens to give a little bit of throttle response and 1 mpg aprox

I didn't see anything in particular when I was searching, anything that will help the Lib breathe better is usually a good thing!

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not real fond of the tuners... I would rather do a re-flash on the pcm if at all possible but even still I wouldn't tune it running nearly stock everything I better get deep into that engine if I want a good tune.. Maybe tune it to run a bigger bore TB but that's a maybe.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my members journal for measurements. Didn't get terribly accurate but it's something. Throttle response is much better. I think I gained 1mpg but I haven't had consistent driving so no real test. My power band though dropped. I'm now shifting to higher gears and utilizing lower revs. Not a dyno but you get the idea.

Edit: just want to mention again I do not have stock exhaust so it might not be the same.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my members journal for measurements. Didn't get terribly accurate but it's something. Throttle response is much better. I think I gained 1mpg but I haven't had consistent driving so no real test. My power band though dropped. I'm now shifting to higher gears and utilizing lower revs. Not a dyno but you get the idea.

Edit: just want to mention again I do not have stock exhaust so it might not be the same.

Good stuff you got going there. I probably would have slight differences being I'm running the Borla and you've got the MBRP that I envy (biggthumpup)

No consistent driving? Your lib isn't a DD? :gr_grin: