Aftermarket intake diameters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillysOverland

Reaction score
Ive tried to find the diameters of the given intakes for the KJ and I cant find my answer. This question pertains to the K&N, AEM, whatever. I would like to know the ID for these intakes. Is it 3"? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
You usually won't find 3" or 3.5" intake piping or couplers in places like Pep Boys and Autozone. I think the 3.7l intake is 3.5" inner diameter tube. Just measure the outer diameter of the throttle body, and that's the size inner diameter tube you can use. Rubber fittings/couplers will stretch a little...

Ebay, has the correct direct bolt-on systems, where you can simply change the filters they sell, to K&N. If you buy locally, the parts to build one? It will cost a LOT more, over 100.00, and that's $60+ for just the K&N filter cone... I will be buying one from Ebay pretty soon, just need to wait for the tax money. I have three to four intake cone filters lying around that I will use... The Ebay ones also come with brackets to hold the intake in place, so you won't need to fashion your own, like I did with the Avenger I had...