Adding it to the list...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a how-to for replacing a light behind the tachometer I'm not seeing? I thought there was one at some point that I spotted, but I can't seem to find it now. Doesn't seem to be the whole light, only part of it (between 4 and 6 is out). If there is no how-to already written, can someone please explain to me how to take care of this? I'd rather not pay a mechanic to do it =X

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is an exact how-to for that on here, but you need to follow the info for removing the entire instrument cluster to get to the back of it to change the bulbs.

Its a job!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not really that difficult. I replaced all the instrument cluster lights on my kj earlier this year. Remove the oh-$hit handle, pop off the plastic on top of the dash (where the windshield vents are), and then you can access a handful of bolts that you have to remove. Once disassembled, bulbs are easy - twist out to remove, and the reverse to replace. If you want the section from my FSM, send me a PM with your e-mail addy and I'll send it to you.