Adding factory fogs to non-equiped KJ, need advice please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt Rich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried using the search button from my Droid 2 before posting this, but it kept crashing my internet, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

Tomorrow I'll be acquiring a pair of factory Hella fogs from a Renegade. Basically, I'm looking for the most straight-forward way to install them on a 2005 Rocky Mountain Edition without a fog switch on the turn signal. Should I build a switch-plate (I do have some extra diamond plate laying around), or is there a simple way to wire it so it'll come on with my running lights? Thanks in advance!

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run fog lights so that they come on with my parking lights in the past, but just know that if you chose this route it will be illegal. Fog lights must automatically switch off when the hi-beam headlights are on. This may or may not be a problem in your state though if you don't have safety inspections (or if no one checks that they operate properly)

Last edited:

Dirt Rich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, they must not, or they must? Did you just splice directly into the parking lights then?