AC recirculate setting issue- Not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copecrd

Reaction score
I have the opposite opposite problem on my 06 CRD. Fan only seems to blow on the recirculate setting. When it's set to any other position it will loose all pressure as if it is leaking. Only blows very lightly but the fan is moving at full speed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As suspected mine was choked up with dust. Started with a shark vac. Then an air gun with some hose attached and the a final blowout of everything. Wiped down anything with dust on it in there. Blows like new.

freddybrugama

Reaction score
I had the same problem, AC would only blow a faint amount of cold air. I looked behind the glove box and it was just like those pictures. I used my vacuum cleaner and sucked all the clogged dust away.... just took it for a drive and, what nice cold air now. THANKS FOR THE POST AND PICTURES!

mattw

Reaction score
I haven't posted a whole lot on this forum, but thought I would comment here. I find it interesting that this post brought freddybrugama to the forum, because this is the same post that also brought me here.

In my case it was a napkin that had evidently pushed out the back of the glove box and was covering the screen. Got that napkin out of there and cleaned up the screen for good measure and it was like brand new AC! :)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I think I am going to have to have a peek in there and see what Lurks in the dark..LOL

mattw

Reaction score
Yep...5-10 minute job ...in the Florida weather it has been a life saver.

Milkman00

Reaction score
I am sorry to bump this old thread, but I was having the same exact problem with my 2004 Liberty. I took the glove compartment down and my screen looked almost identical. I vacuumed it out, brushed it off, and it blows WAY harder now. Not quite as cold as I would like it, but definitely livable.

CHECK THE SCREEN FOR THIS PROBLEM!!!! It could save you a ton of money!!!

Latest posts

Members online