AC kicking clutch fan kicking on every 15 sec.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fourwheelin2you

Reaction score
AC kicking clutch on & off every 15 sec. ??

Is it normal for the clutch to kick on every 15 sec. and stay on for about 15 sec, ? Even when I have AC off...

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No unless the defrost or defog is on. They rely on the drying effects of the "AC" process too.

fourwheelin2you

Reaction score
I drove the rig for 1/2 hr then check to see if the ac clutch was on it was not. must be working right. When I check it yesterday engine was cold and it came on evey 15 sec. even after tem gauge read normal..Today after running it a while engine hot working fine go figure....

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's kicking in and out that quick. Bad high pressure switch or low refrigerant. I'd lean toward low refrigerant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea to replace the o-rings on the AC compressor suction line. Prone to failing and leaking. As well as high pressure side. Please have it evacuated though before you do that.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's kicking in and out that quick. Bad high pressure switch or low refrigerant. I'd lean toward low refrigerant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Agreed. Even when running just to "dry" the air for heat is shouldn't be flipping on and off that fast.

fourwheelin2you

Reaction score
just drove home from work checked ac clutch wasn't on turn on ac clutch came on turned off went off. wonder if that, on off cycle doest it just when engine is cold ?