AC delete kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

street_jeepKJ

Reaction score
Took my jeep in for the airbag recall today and also learned that my AC compressor is shot:blah: OEM part is about a grand. Since winter is approaching, I'm not in a hurry to have working AC (I hardly even use it in the summer anyway). Service tech says if I leave it as is, the bearings could go and the serpentine belt would come loose, causing a bunch of other problems. He says there is an AC delete kit, which is basically just a pulley I can bolt on in place of the compressor. Anyone familiar with this or where I can buy one?

Thanks!

yea true the hp gains aren't worth it but this is the real reason im considering doing it because I don't want anything else messing up like what's said above

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, is it normal for the system to de-pressurize? When I removed one of the ring clips, there was a loud psssssst sound.

Mine does that when i turn the air off i can hear it in the cabin it only lasts for a second

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter