abs judder with no lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deanuk

Reaction score
Hi don't know if anyone has had this before,

my 2007 crd ltd when just about coming to a halt on good surface its like the front wheels are skidding and I feel the abs through the pedal, i was going to jet wash the disks and brake in the morning to see if they are just dirty?

Any ideas would be great.

btw: no warning lights are on and when i do the full on brake test everything seams to work fine.

cheers Dean

Gige

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect your discs are warped... I have constant issues with them and at last I bought Brembo set to try but not installed yet as I got previous ones machined and those are not too bad as yet... Couple high speed hard decelerations does it to discs...

OhmegaMike

Reaction score
This happens on Chevrolet pickups very often. The KJ's ABS sensor is similar. The sensor is attached to the front wheel hub. It's held in place with a 6mm? allen head bolt. What happens is rust forms under the sensor, and pushes it out of the hole in the wheel hub. Now you end up not getting the required pulses from the ABS sensor.

The bad part is... The sensors get rusted in place, and sometime will break when trying to remove them. I know from experience! If you do try to remove the sensor, and clean up the surface underneath the sensor, first spray with penetrating oil, and let it soak.

I broke one off in my front hub, and was able to salvage the hub, just had to buy a new sensor... When re-installing, clean out the rusty hole, and put lots of silicone grease on the sensor oring, and anti-sieze or even paint the hub surface to prevent future rust.