ABS cable connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BfloRandy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the board as you can tell...
Replacing a bad hub, front left, 2006 3.7L 4wd. Can't find where the abs cable plugs into in the engine compartment. Traced the wire up to where it seems to disappear into a bunch of taped together wires, right under the four big color coded plugs by the brake fluid reservoir. Gonna go and cut away as much tape as I can, but it's hard as heck to reach under everything! Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
-BfloRandy

Additional issue... Hub won't separate from the spline. If I can get them apart, I'll just disconnect the sensor at the hub and keep using the old one! Cut away tape, and only find where the wires disappear into a bundle.

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the board as you can tell...
Replacing a bad hub, front left, 2006 3.7L 4wd. Can't find where the abs cable plugs into in the engine compartment. Traced the wire up to where it seems to disappear into a bunch of taped together wires, right under the four big color coded plugs by the brake fluid reservoir. Gonna go and cut away as much tape as I can, but it's hard as heck to reach under everything! Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
-BfloRandy

Additional issue... Hub won't separate from the spline. If I can get them apart, I'll just disconnect the sensor at the hub and keep using the old one! Cut away tape, and only find where the wires disappear into a bundle.

If you look at your new replacement hub, you should see that there's a connector at the end.
on mine it's right under the ABS module for the driverside hub.
I assume you are doing your driver side.

for the hub, use a puller.
go rent one for free from your local auto parts store.

MantisTobagan

Reaction score
The wires do go all the into the abs pump. Which is located on the top corner closest to the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk