About to buy Jeep Liberty 2007 Limited 2/4wd...need advice on what to check when I see it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The CRD seems popular. Will keep an eye for one. Thanks.
Lots more to keep them( a VRD ) running if you have never owned a diesel and know a lot about them I would stay away
PLUS not many shops clearly know them either sadly

J.C.

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm about to buy my first Jeep. I came to this forum hoping for advice from those of you with knowledge and experience.
The vehicle I'll see tomorrow is the following : VIN 1J4GL48K97W707604 / 310,000 km / 192,000 miles / owner says hears noise when backing up. Ball joint issue that I'd get fixed day 1 as it sounds the damage has been there for a while) / I haven't seen the bills but says replaced a lot of parts over the years + had the four doors replaced a few years back for cosmetic reasons, says he got them for cheap ( I sure will ask if there were ever hard impacts to either side) / says no problems with power windows / ...described as a Limited edition rear drive /4wd. Body looks in good shape from the pictures.

Do any of you have advice to give me? I plan to get urgent repairs done before it hits the road with me in it. Prudent but in a hurry to buy, I may not get it inspected at the garage if it runs fine + once I see the pile of past bills + get it for a bargain ( +- 50% mean market value)
Here are pics:
You must be registered for see images attach
any advice would be much appreciated

I have a 2006/2007 KJ CRD LTD that we bought new and am finding that many of the parts required to keep it on the road are no longer available. The factory parts support seems to have started droppping off after ten years, in about 2018 and has gradually gotten harder to source parts.

Rockauto seems to be a good source of parts for us in Australia.

razor78016

Reaction score
Replaced worn sway bar bushings with Moog brand. Ride feels much better.

'06 Sport 6 speed.