A very bad night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the old saying, look to the last thing done to the vehicle for the problems you have now.

The last thing done was crank and cam sensors, personally I can not see that being the problem, the insuarance company said there going to try and find out what happened, but the body shop where the jeep is now will not relase the vechile because the insurance company will not pay the $360 tow bill for it, and since this happend is has not stopped raining here, so by by the time the insurance company get it, it will be completey rusted out

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes thank god, there giving me a hard time because im claiming there was 2 car seats in the vechile and I can not prove they where in there, like WTF Im not claiming anything else thats it?
I'd try my best to get some pics of whatever might be left of the car seats (melted plastic on the floor of the cab, etc), but other than that just keep going after 'em.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know once you get more information about exact cause of the fire, that is pretty scary!

He got rear ended, and his gas tank exploded. It happens alot on Libertys, because their gas tanks are in the rear, so they explode for no reason other than puncture. Duh. Come on people, if you couldn't figure out why his KJ caught fire, then...well, I don't know :rolleyes: .

But seriously, I'm glad that you're ok. I've seen a few carbecues and even as a passerby they're scary, I can't imagine if it were my own. Scary schintzel...good that you got out ok...just think, now you get a new one!

2003KJ

Reaction score
He got rear ended, and his gas tank exploded. It happens alot on Libertys, because their gas tanks are in the rear, so they explode for no reason other than puncture. Duh. Come on people, if you couldn't figure out why his KJ caught fire, then...well, I don't know :rolleyes: .

Oh god....please please PLEASE don't start that crap again!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh god....please please PLEASE don't start that crap again!

crap? Unbelievable!! My friends, cousins, sisters, nieces, boyfriends, godfathers, co-workers KJ was hit in the rear and exploded for no reason!! These things are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs....... I try to run away from mine when I drive the Jeep but it follows right behind me!! How do you trick these things?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
crap? Unbelievable!! My friends, cousins, sisters, nieces, boyfriends, godfathers, co-workers KJ was hit in the rear and exploded for no reason!! These things are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs....... I try to run away from mine when I drive the Jeep but it follows right behind me!! How do you trick these things?

OMG...:eek: ....unbelievable.....I'm sellin mine yesterday........:eek: ..:D :D

Dave

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just wear a full armour fire suit when i drive mine. no little explosion gunna stop me

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just spit coke all over my kitchen floor. Thank you, i needed a laugh. :D

***** about your jeep though, i'm glad you got out ok.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update insurance company just called and said they cant determine the cause of the fire, so they said a person would be calling me to set up a time to meet with me so he could ask me a few questions, they also said they would not be making a settlement offer until they find out the cause, WTF is this all about?

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update insurance company just called and said they cant determine the cause of the fire, so they said a person would be calling me to set up a time to meet with me so he could ask me a few questions, they also said they would not be making a settlement offer until they find out the cause, WTF is this all about?

Probably trying to figure out if you set your jeep on fire while driving down the road. Fraud is a crime you know! :D

Paine

Reaction score
Insurance

They will try and find out if any modifications were done to the car... What company are you with?

If you have full coverage on your vehicle, they will pay everything minus your deductible... typically $500. Just don't provide information that would show neglect on your part... driveway modifications, repairs or re-manufactoring of vehicle.

If your vehicle was less than two years old, I hope you had limited depreciation on your policy. Also, start doing your homework on the replacement cost of the vehicle as they will only pay actual cash value. Check stealerships for what they have similar to your model as the insurance company will use private listing amounts.

And then fire your insurance company, they should never hassle this much, get an agent to work on your behalf.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would seem to me that they would have to prove that YOU set it on fire in order to deny you coverage. If anyone elce did or if it was electrical (wasn't there a heater fan recall or something) or anything elce the insurance should cover it under your "comprehensive" coverage. At least that's how it is supposed to work.

Dave

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mention you had just picked up a bumper box of fireworks on your way back from your weekly arsonist club visit. Joking dude hope your claim goes without any probs,insurance companies love taking your hard earned but are'nt as keen on giving it out.

Last edited:

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mention you had just picked up a bumper box of fireworks on your way back from your weekly arsonist club visit. Joking dude hope your claim goes without any probs,insurance companies love taking your hard earned but are'nt as keen on giving it out.

Very very true

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All he wanted was a statment then handed me a check for $16,000 I only paid $15,999 for it 14 months ago

Latest posts

Members online