A saftety recall from 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riddick

Reaction score
I have had my KJ Jeep now for I think a little over 2 weeks and all is good.
Then today I got a letter in the mail telling me about a recall on it.
Apparently there is a problem with the fuel tank and it could start to leak and then set itself alight.
But what I think is good is that this recall was done in 2015 and the old owners either didn't care about it or it has just been sitting in a shed for those 2 years until I swapped it for my ute.
As today I got another letter telling me that the Jeep is now fully in my name and I think this is how this came about as the VIN number hasn't been crossed off the list. And the bells must have rand once it was reinstated or something like that.
My wife called the people here about it and they had no idea about it but are going to do it as its a safety recall and it will take about 2 hours to get it done and to no cost to us.
Overall I do like how this has not been let slip through the cracks and they are keeping an eye out for you and you car.
So in she goes on Wednesday.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you aren't referring to the recall that actually involves you getting a proper trailer hitch/tow package to prevent damage to the gas tank in the event of a rear end collision? The fix is a free receiver. This recall has been around for years. Or is this something else? How about scanning the letter and uploading it for all of us to see (black out any personally identifying information first)?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of a recall specifically addressing a possible fuel leak and consequently a fire.

Only the trailer hitch recall that Jim mentioned... had that done on my 03 Limited, got a free MOPAR trailer hitch receiver that has been INCREDIBLY useful for purposes other than protecting my fuel tank in the case of a rear end collision.

Latest posts

Members online