A couple CRD issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericaikens

Reaction score
Well first off its an 05 with 61,000. Just recently it started throwing a code P0146, O2 sensor 3, Bank 1.

From a stop, accelerating under about half throttle, my check oil light will come one, along with the speedometer sweeping back and forth, and my fuel gauge will drop all the way to Empty.

I just recently installed a set of HID headlights, and during all the explained actions, my passenger side HID bulb will flicker.

Any explanations to this, or any suggestions?
I dont think the HIDs or even an O2 sensor would make my gauges go crazy like this....

ericaikens

Reaction score
well i was assuming it was P0146, but i came across another code over at L.O.S.T. and its U0146–LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CENTRAL GATEWAY, and if its that im completely lost.

ericaikens

Reaction score
ok so i tested some things out, first i drove around without my headlights on and everything worked perfectly fine, so i figured some how it was the HIDs. I moved the ground to a different spot and moved the ballasts but it still did it when i turned the lights on. so i put my silver stars back in for now until i get ahold of the company i bought them from.

im guessing its a bad ballast or between the two its making a electro-magnetic field in my engine bay.(dunno)

ericaikens

Reaction score
well when i installed the lights i also installed a wire harness with its own power, so the only thing it uses from the factory wiring is just a switch to turn on the contact.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if the HIDs were spiking the ground somehow? I say that because electrical noise from a failing battery will cause mis-diagnosed dashboard, BCM and PCM problems on Chrysler vehicles, so your HIDs might be making the electrical noise. The BCM and PCM switches stuff off on the ground side and it needs the 0 vdc on the ground (negative) side for reference for the sensors. Or your battery is weak or starting to fail and the HIDs are aggravating it.

ericaikens

Reaction score
well i know the battery seems to have plenty of juice but ive tried giving it a full charge before on a smart charger and it would not let it fully charge to 100%.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not everything. The electrical noise (and other battery failures) comes from the lead plates flaking and shorting out a cell or 2. The right way to check a battery is to charge it up (you already did) and pop the caps off and check each cell with a hydrometer. Since it may not be charging all of the way, one cell may be bad. If it's the original Mopar battery and you have an alarm, change it already. It's 5 years old. and the alarm is a using juice when the Jeep is parked.

Members online

No members online now.