A common theme this time of year..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Pennsylvaina if you hit someone you are behind it is your fault automaticly. If they pull out in front of you you better make sure if you have an inpact with them it is at or before the front half of the car for it to be their fault. Hit too far to the rear of them it your fault you didn't have your car under control to stop in time.....Crazy stuff.

And I have been to Cali and drove around the Bay area, San Fran. up to Montery folks are laid back compaired to PA. They didn't seem to tail gate like here and they let you merge on the the freeway. Here at times you'd think it was a race and they don't want you on the track.

Good to see its not just my side of the state, I'm in Pittsburgh, and thats exactly how they drive here lol. And we also have a lot of stop signs trying to get on the parkways. so that means at these points there are no acceleration lanes, you gotta bully your way in. And we all know that Jeeps don't do 0-60 in 4 secs

sd89gta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the grille comes painted, at least thats what the guy at dealership said, does anybody know?

Got the turn signal ordered, going to order the grille and the fender tomorrow.

The bumper cover was already damaged in the corner, probably going to wait to get that replaced, maybe two pay periods from now. But it doesn't shake or anything when I drive so thats good news when I take in to get checked to see if anything got bent on the inside.

My mistake on not calling the police immediately, oh well. You live and you learn.

sd89gta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn. well i know where a 05 2wd is at with 67k on it for 12k lol

Thanks but she ain't totaled yet. Funny thing was that wife was talking about trading in the KJ for the new gmc Terrain right before this happened.

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the grille comes painted, at least thats what the guy at dealership said, does anybody know?

Nope, it doesn't. They come in an alluring shade of plastic. I had mine replaced under warranty, long after the warranty was up because the paint flaked off. It's a cool story, I'll tell ya over a beer someday.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Thanks but she ain't totaled yet. Funny thing was that wife was talking about trading in the KJ for the new gmc Terrain right before this happened.

The most expensive thing will probably be the damn fog light! Rummages through paperwork ... $169.00+ :eek:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope that bumper cover is going to cost more than that foglight!! I know that for a fact, and if the absorber piece, the plastic piece behind the bumper cover, is broken then tack on even more.

Yeah whats with all the Rene's in the shop lately??

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got the turn signal ordered, going to order the grille and the fender tomorrow.

The bumper cover was already damaged in the corner, probably going to wait to get that replaced, maybe two pay periods from now. But it doesn't shake or anything when I drive so thats good news when I take in to get checked to see if anything got bent on the inside.

My mistake on not calling the police immediately, oh well. You live and you learn.

Grille is just a plain plastic piece that needs to be prepped and painted... Too bad yours got crunched too much to salvage it.

When the PT Cruiser my wife drives got hit last year we found out that the grill would cost nearly $300 after prep and paint, i looked at it and found that the bottom clips were broken off it but otherwise ok no cracks or damage, not even a scuff mark, so i fabricated some metal pieces to replace those tabs and put them on with two part epoxy, over a year later still solid and not a bit of movement from it. Body shop liked my ingenuity and i got to get out of some money since i had to pay $500 to the shop to cover the deductible removed from the check... But i got it back from those Progressive Bastards after my State Farm threatened them with a lawsuit!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.