A clunk and other small annoyances

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I came upon a couple of traffic signals that required a little more braking power than I normal require. Both times I heard this kind of dull thunking rattle from the right rear quarter. Not ABS! Any ideas? Is it just one of those KJ things?

It was cold, 10 F, and after about 30 minutes of driving my right front tire monitor quit too. I parked for about three hours and it was still off when I started back up but after driving about 10 minutes if kicked back in. I assume that has to do with moisture or little flakes of rubber rolling around in the tire.

I need smaller hands too I guess. Need to be a contortionist to reach the driver seat controls past the door arm rest, or smaller hands.

Little annoyances that don't affect the driving experiences and will be learned to be lived with.

P4M

Reaction score
No idea. As always, get a flashlight and do some inspecting.

The Liberty has a lot of little quirks like that. Very random, but don't jump to conclusions. I once heard a ticking noise from the back seat everytime I hit the breaks. My mind was going "Damn it, here we go with the Jeep, ticky tacky ****". Upon farther inspection, I found some toys under the rear seat from the previous owner.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried it a couple more times with the radio turned down. It did it the first time but never again. Perhaps it was some ice build up.