800,000 to be recalled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Ball joints have been a weak point of the liberty.

JeepnJer

Reaction score
Poor design?

IMO, the whole lower control arm on the Liberty is a poor design. First of all, it hangs or curves down too far decreasing ground clearance; second, the whole weight of the front end is on the lower control arm and all that weight is pulling down on that poor inverted ball joint. At least they improved the LCA design in the newer Grand Cherokee IFS. They mounted the ball joint on the top side of the lower steering knuckle joint so that the LBJ is being pushed on in it's joint instead of being pulled on like in the Liberty's LCA. I can't believe Jeep would go with a poor design like that in a brand that is renowned for its toughness! And just because it was their first IFS is no excuse.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I work at a News channel here on Long Island and I was working today only to find out that I look up at the current story we were featuring and I see the LIBERTY!! I was like what the hell. So I read the report that we had put together and was like GREAT I get my jeep back from the body shop after 3 weeks of it being away...and now I have to leave it again!!! ](*,)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LI_Egabrag said:
Yeah I work at a News channel here on Long Island and I was working today only to find out that I look up at the current story we were featuring and I see the LIBERTY!! I was like what the hell. So I read the report that we had put together and was like GREAT I get my jeep back from the body shop after 3 weeks of it being away...and now I have to leave it again!!! ](*,)

Haha, it doesnt take that long. No more than a day for sure.

Riv's Papaw

Reaction score
Thanks for replying to the post. I realized there were two threads only after attempting to post the defective link. However your replies were helpful and I appreciate them all the same.

2003KJ

Reaction score
THANK GOD!!!!!

it's about damn time they finally got off their ass and admitted the problem....nobody else needs to be injured!