5x4.5 to 5x5 bolt adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaii Liberty

Reaction score
Aloha from the 50th State!
I'm stoked to finally find other KJ owners to talk to!
I just got some 2013 Wrangler Sport Rims and the bolt pattern is 5x5, has anyone ever used a 5x4.5 to 5x5 wheel adapters on a 2002 Kj and if so is there anything I need to look out for?
I plan on getting a smaller tire (235/60R17) to clear my wheel well.
I appreciate any advice I could get.
Mahalo!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Aloha from the 50th State!
I'm stoked to finally find other KJ owners to talk to!
I just got some 2013 Wrangler Sport Rims and the bolt pattern is 5x5, has anyone ever used a 5x4.5 to 5x5 wheel adapters on a 2002 Kj and if so is there anything I need to look out for?
I plan on getting a smaller tire (235/60R17) to clear my wheel well.
I appreciate any advice I could get.
Mahalo!

Although most of us do not like adapters some have done it
I am assuming you are not lifted?
Going to have rubbing issues if you are not in front while turning more than likely
PLUS you are going to a smaller diameter tire than stock even

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have rubbing issues, just forget the wrangler rims and get the proper ones for the libby. I know because I have winter tires on wrangler rims and I wish I had libby rims, so that I would not have to use the adapters and have wheel rub.

Hawaii Liberty

Reaction score
Much Mahalos Tommudd and renegade 04 for your reply! This is exactly what I needed to know! I am not gonna use the 17" Wrangler rims on my Libby! Sounds like it would be more trouble that I am willing to go thru! I want Cool OEM Jeep rims but new ones are outrageous! I'll just sit tight and wait for 5x4.5 rims to come along on Cragslist or Something! Thanks again for your feedback!
Aloha! -shaun

Latest posts

Members online