3.7L in a Grand Cherokee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you can get a v8 in the GC the difference must be in performance. Not sure about the real world gas mileage difference. I have only driven the GC with the little hemi (5.1L) and one with the 4.7L v8 and not one with the 3.7L though so I guess I am not qualified to give you a good comparison. My 3.7L experience is with the KJ of course and not the GC.

Dave

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dad got the 3.7 in his 07 grand cherokee with full time 4wd and its not really that bad other then the fuel economy. but other then that its decent. it got good acceleration and power when u need it. but not as much as a v8, the only thing i complain about is that its just too quiet i had the engine screaming at over 5000 rpms launching outta a toll booth and i barely heard the motor.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I can say this now... 3.7L + Grand Cherokee + Hills + Cargo = Big No-No.

If I'm lucky and get a WK as a rental on vacation:D:D, think I'll have trouble going up to about 10,000ft with about 200-300lbs of luggage?? Also, how is Quadra Trac I in heavy snow(1ft+)?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Quadra-Trac I. Quadra-Trac I works great in 12" of snow... heck even offroad. It is a Jeep after all. ;) It's basically the same as when you put a Liberty into 4x4 Full Time. But it's just stuck there.

I don't think you'll have a problem. When I made my trip we just had a crapload of people and cargo in my Jeep and well we probably just should have tried packing some of it in my uncle's Escalade, but he didn't have any room left either. I could barely see out of the rear window. Coming back home was great, fuel economy was up 2MPG due to the lack of crap!!! :D :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Quadra-Trac I. Quadra-Trac I works great in 12" of snow... heck even offroad. It is a Jeep after all. ;) It's basically the same as when you put a Liberty into 4x4 Full Time. But it's just stuck there.

I don't think you'll have a problem. When I made my trip we just had a crapload of people and cargo in my Jeep and well we probably just should have tried packing some of it in my uncle's Escalade, but he didn't have any room left either. I could barely see out of the rear window. Coming back home was great, fuel economy was up 2MPG due to the lack of crap!!! :D :D

Sounds good. It will be loaded to the brim, and if it has a ski rack, that'll be loaded up too. The problem is, I've never had the KJ in snow. The worst it's ever seen is a 3" deep mud puddle, or taking it out after a hurricane.:D:D So I don't know how the KJ's fulltime 4wd works in snow.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Personally I never used Part Time 4WD in the snow or offroading with my last Liberty. Full Time worked just fine. Ask MoladoGuy, he saw it.