255 70/r16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RioT_StartR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With ome/bilstein lift and stock sport alloys, yes or no?

P.S. haven't installed the suspension yet, just trying to get ducks in a row.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that you could even go up to 265 70 16, so what you listed ought to be fine.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
When I got my lift about the first question I asked was about tires. I was told that 265 70 16 was the max I could do with my lift and stock rims. I think you're going with the same lift parts I got.

Of course, before you spend $1,000 I would get a second (and third) opinion. ;)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
The ride is really nice. I originally planned on doing the tires in the spring but it gets harder to wait as each day goes by.

I bought my Jeep (second owner) with 42,000 miles on it. It had four tires with a decent amount of tread left and a different style spare. (The spare is the same size, just not an exact match in other ways.) I assume that the previous owner replaced the tires at some point and kept an original tire as a spare, but it's possible the dealer made the switch. At any rate, my spare now has slightly more tread on it than the four on the wheels.

So now, I play the self-psychoanalysis game of trying to figure out which is greater: My need for new tires, or my desire for new tires. It would be much easier on the budget to wait until spring. I will get some back in taxes and also expect a bonus from work sometime around then. The plan was to get the credit card paid off by then, pay for the tires outright, then go back to not carrying a monthly balance on any of my accounts. I know all too well from my misspent youth how dangerous credit can be. :emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock wheels and 265-70-16s would be very close and "may" touch the UCA, some have , some haven't .
255-70s is a toss up
Stock width wheels look better with 245-75-16s I think

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
worst spots my 255-70 michy knockoffs rubbed was the pinch weld and fog light access covers
You must be registered for see images attach

how often do you get before and after pics of a lift in the same photo tho lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online