245/70/16 rubbed on me so i......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got my Unique 297's from www.discounttires.com they are made by carlile which are the same people that make Cragar's so when my box came they said soft 8's. except i got these for 50bucks a piece. well i got the 245/70/16 with 16x7 they were rubbing in the front on hard turns and front and back depending on the way i turned.I give it to discounttire the guy said to me "hey man do you want them or do you want some street tire in a smaller size" i said well the guys on LOST forum say if i trim the fender liner and pound the pinch weld it'll fit.....the guy goes well we can do that my eyes lit up i said well hell pound away. to get to it he had to remove my liner and i will trim it tomorrow and hopefully get it back on with out removing. i will post up clean pictures when i wash the jeep. BTW i haven't washed it since i got a flat tire 4 months ago. yeah yeah i know 4 months!!! times was rough gas was too damn high lol

You must be registered for see images

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to finish pounding down that pinchweld:eek:,hope they didn't charge for that half-a$$ed job and don't forget to spray them with some black primer to prevent rust.You will also want to replace some of those rivits they pulled out,they do hold the flare on also,with them gone the front flares can fly off at highway speeds.

Oh the BS of those rims is what caused your rubbing.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah they are 4" backspace i plan on pounding the pinch more but i don't know how much flatter it can get it's pretty flat? and getting some primer spray paint they didn't charge for anything but the wheels and tires

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% on Discounts policies, but I seriously doubt he whould have been modifying your jeep to make the tires fit. He could probably get intot he crap for that if corporate cuaght him.

Last edited:

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking but i'm glad he started it with the wheel off because i need to buy jack stands the jack that came with the jeep barely lifts the wheel off the ground

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll have more pics today.....i need a daystar lift TODAY where can i buy one and bump stops? Do i need clevis lift also

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.boulderbars.com has them for $155 and then Summit Racing has the Rancho RSX17004 rear shocks for $60 shipped, you dont need to do the clevis its only if you want to make it more level or gain some more height

if you want to replace your front struts also the p/n is RSX17505, and if you want to do a clevis you need 2" electrical conduit nuts

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok just ordered day start kit from ALL J and Robbie told me that i didn't need bump stops because the spacer won't let it compress that far anyway he says he has put on plenty day star 2.5's with no extra bump stop

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok just ordered day start kit from ALL J and Robbie told me that i didn't need bump stops because the spacer won't let it compress that far anyway he says he has put on plenty day star 2.5's with no extra bump stop
He is wrong.You need extended bumpstops front and rear along with at min longer rear shocks.

Why?

The answer is to prevent a condition called "stacking",stacking is over compressing coil springs which leads to sagging.The Daystar spacer lifts adds more preload to the front coils which will sag the OEM coils fast enough,not adding extended bumbstops will speed up the sagging since it will allow the front/rear coils to overcompress whick is called stacking.That's why full coil lifts are better then spacer lifts.Don't forget longer rear shocks,the OEM ones are way to short and you will kill them fast.

Heck by the time you get everything to properly lift your KJ you could have gotten a OME coil lift with Rancho struts/shocks and extended bumpstops for just a few $$ more.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i paid 285 for day star 2.5 and rear rancho's. all of the coil lifts that i wanted costed over $700+ tires are rubbing now so i don't have time to save up the money for frankin lift

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online