235/75r16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just2Bad

Reaction score
Will this fit without rubbing (235/75R16) on my KJ with only wesway lift for now ?

also will it still fit well if I buy cragar soft 8 wheels ?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Easy answer, maybe
245-70s fit pretty good stock if the suspension hasn't sagged much, those you want are only slightly taller and with your so called lift you are more than likely back to possibly stock height so yes they should in theory with only slight to moderate rubbing.
Now on to wheels if you get a wheel that 7 inches wide with the same backspacing as stock then you should be OK again

Just2Bad

Reaction score
I was thinking of 16x7 with 4"bs.

I have the $$ for a full OME lift, but to many people told my GF that it will cost so much more gaz cause of the lift that she doesn't want me to lift it anymore :(

and I'm sure our safari basket that is custom made for us right now will cost more than the lift right ???

With the lift only how much less mpg can I expect ?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
4 inch back spacing stock height will rub
Lifted and the right tires it will mess with your mileage
some seems like a lot others not much at all. I still see 20-21 on a trip

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a big disclaimer - any deviation from stock, with any lift setup, can still rub.

I had a rusty's 3/4" spacer with OEM springs in the front (so, 1-1.5" lift) and was running 245/70 AT2's. I'd get rub on the sway bar on full lock, especially in reverse. Other people have been stock and gotten no rub whatsoever on 245/70.

I am now lifted with a 3/8" top plate spacer and OME926's (medium duty) and run 235/75 Open Countries. In forward or reverse on full lock, I still rub on the sway bar.

So, to answer your question...I don't know. I think it'd be driveable with the Wesway and 235/75's...but my guess is you still may get some interference - like I said, I am lifted and get rub.

With the soft 8's, you aren't going to want to run 8" rims with 235's - my understanding is 8" with 245's isn't even the best setup, but the 245 can fit on 8". If you just want the look of the soft 8 and not the much wider stance some aim for, go with 7" width and something relatively normal on the backspace, otherwise I do think you'll get enough interference with the wesway and 235/75's to be troublesome.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you won't see a noticeable MPG difference. Weather and how heavy your foot are make bigger differences than a lift.

Just2Bad

Reaction score
thanks for the infos, got a talk with my GF and I finally got the ok for the OME lift. So the wheels will have to wait for now :)

will lift in the next weeks and buy tires... wheels will wait next year or might just powder coat my oem wheels in black instead.

Last edited:

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got Soft 8s (Unique 297s) with 235-75-26 Hankook Dynapro ATM. They rub on full lock. I am pre-lowered with very minimal sag. Hope that helps.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the infos, got a talk with my GF and I finally got the ok for the OME lift. So the wheels will have to wait for now :)

will lift in the next weeks and buy tires... wheels will wait next year or might just powder coat my oem wheels in black instead.

If you are getting OME's, then go 245/75

Just2Bad

Reaction score
what about 235/85R16 ? it seems I can get tire that size for less than 245/65, but I guess it will rub everywhere ?

I'm looking at Kumho Road Venture AT, good or bad ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
32 inch tire yes it will rub unless you have the right amount of lift and do trimming
PLUS
you'll need to regear some more big ticket items

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.