235 65 R17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiechip

Reaction score
of course, the tires on my "new" 03 Limited are fairly uncommon (at least where I live). Any suggestions?

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a big difference in the ride and stability between those two

235/65/17 and 245/70/16?

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is there so much mention of using 245's as opposed to the stock 235's seems like a lot of pinch weld pounding and rubbing for very little gain in width.Is there a lot more choice of tyres in that size or something??

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
17" rims are a problem when it comes to A/T or better tires. You can get street tires ok. I looked and looked and almost switched to 16" Moab or Crager Soft 8 rims but I thought I was going to have TPM issues. I would have also needed 5 tires and rims in addition to 5 new TPM's. I stayed with the 17"s and got Hercules Terra Trac A/T's. in 235/65/17 .. When I got them it was the only A/T I could find in that size that I liked..... Very little selection...... They have been good in the snow and mild/moderate off road. I only have about 250 off road miles on them (I keep track) out of 29,000 total on the odo so as you can see that's not much off road. Good on the road also and they seem to be wearing well.

If you switch to a 16"rim you can get any good A/T or better tire. Options are then endless.

That's it from my personal experience with the 235/65/17's so far.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a big difference in the ride and stability between those two

235/65/17 and 245/70/16?

I dont really notice a difference between the two. I use to use my 17's every summer and my moabs or cragars in the winter but now I run the moabs year around. The moabs actually handle better since the BS is less. :)

Tirerack has the yokohama A/T-S in 235/65/17.