235/65/17 A/T Tire Choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know anyone running Kelly Tires. I know they have been around a long time. Is that $99 an out the door price?

The silent armors are supposed to be good and I think $140 is good for an out the door price with free rotations, etc. (for that tire)

Like you said if you are not in a hurry wait until September. Maby there will be more choices by then.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the recent reviews at TireRack are not that great for silent armors for some reason. No the tires were 99 so I didn't really ask them for out the door. I would add $10 a tire for the rest after negotiation.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the recent reviews at TireRack are not that great for silent armors for some reason. No the tires were 99 so I didn't really ask them for out the door. I would add $10 a tire for the rest after negotiation.

On the Kelly's, check the tread wear indicator, and speed rating etc. If you're looking for mostly a pavement tire there's more choices than I found in an A/T when I was looking.....I needed an A/T and I didn't look at anything elce. That's when I got frustrated as I really wanted BFG A/T KO's and they didn't make them in my (our) size when I was looking. Price was not an issue for me for those tires. I havn't checked lately, maby they make them now.

Dave

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the E-load rated 10 ply Silentarmors and I'm highly impressed with them. I was skeptical after hearing some of those later reviews but, they have performed beyond my expectations, thus far. almost 800 miles on them already!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out http://www.vulcantire.com

They have some pretty good deals on tires.

Still the same problem. They only have ONE A/T CHOICE in the right size.

Hyde...........Check out the Silentarmor's K Dje Ryu mentioned. I think there's different Silentarmor's. I never totally checked them out since it wasn't the tread I was looking for.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are only two silents (that I know of).
Wrangler Silent Armor (doesn't come in 235, only 245)
Fortera Silent Armor (comes in 235)

how about michelins? they look nice, and since I don't do off-road, they should do fairly well..?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are only two silents (that I know of).
Wrangler Silent Armor (doesn't come in 235, only 245)
Fortera Silent Armor (comes in 235)

how about michelins? they look nice, and since I don't do off-road, they should do fairly well..?

I never used Michelins so I can't say. Are they more or less $$$ than the Silentarmors? Do you like the tread better? They are both supposed to be a good tire.

Then there's always my pos stock goodyears just sitting in my garage...haha....just 15,000 miles and one stuck in the mud on them....and off they came.

Dave