2011 Liberty Renegade Gas Tank Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky88

Reaction score
Anybody got any good information on 2011 Jeep Liberty gas tank removal? I’m noticing the Tank skid plate is severely rusted. My understanding is this also holds the tank in place the same bolts that hold that attach the skid plate. Thought I could just replace the skid plate but I seen another post it’s an PITA. Not finding much info online to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,in advance✌️.
Sparky

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped my tank once to install the Mopar skid plate. I held the tank up with ratchet straps while I swapped the hanger out. This is the how-to I used.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=50745

That was back in 2012. I noticed the other day my gas tank skid is getting severely rusted around the drip holes and is actually shedding some metal.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Even dropping the skid plate sounds involved. How long would that take?
Would you want to drop the skid and bed line it ?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Take a look at the CRD section of LOSTJEEPS. Lots of Liberty CRD owners install pumps in their tanks to eliminate air-in-fuel. A little different but a lot the same. I'm sure there are how-to threads on tank removal.

sparky88

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the part with the FCA discount cost $288 for that . $130 Bucks for the dealer to install. Looks to be worth the $130 to install.
Thanks again great write up.
Sparky ✌️