2011 Liberty bug deflector question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timh975

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm brand new to the forum so bare with me. I'm Tim, and I've recently bought my wife a brand new 2011 Jeep Liberty. She wants a bug deflector installed, but doesn't want any holes drilled under the hood, and honestly neither do I. Is there anyone that makes a deflector that does NOT require any drilling? Even using self tapping screws kinda make me nervous. I know I sound a little paranoid, but I just don't want things rusting with the bare metal from drilling. Any info is greatly appreciated!

rebjeep09

Reaction score
I have the Mopar OEM one, tinted version, and it is great. It attaches with a couple of screws that use already exisiting holes under the hood. I drive it in the Sierra 70 miles a day, tons of snow and road sand etc, and not a trace of rust at all after 2 full winters.

yosemite.kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to have one for my kj but it looks like a unibrow. It looks good on a kk though. I found one from AVS for a 2011 kk on steetsideauto.com, it says no drilling needed and its $50.00 with free shipping. Hope this helps :)

2007 with 93,000:
1/2 in. clevis lift w/one extra pair of rear iso's (a $25 lift)
245/70R16 Hankook DynaPro A/T tires
Other Stuff

Last edited:

Knightrider03m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1st bug deflector was a AVS deflector that was being held on by 3m tape. I smacked a deer with it and it still held strong with have only a crack on the underside of the mount.

Latest posts

Members online