2011 KK Liberty - Cold Weather - not upshifting error TCM P0882

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
It seems to be a problem only on the first drive of the day; i.e., after sitting overnight. But not always - currently about 50% of the days are affected. Jeep is in garage overnight - which is not cold.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
What battery are you using? Have you had it tested? Liberties (pun intended) hate dirty power. How your contacts looking?

Since it is a low temperature issue...

Many "gremlin" issues on here corrected with an Odyssey AGM.

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
Today I installed a brand new TIPM (from MAKS), preprogrammed for my VIN (took approx 30 minutes). The car runs fine.

Now we get to see what happens on successive days - if the electrical gremlins are still in the engine bay - or not!

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
What battery are you using? Have you had it tested? Liberties (pun intended) hate dirty power. How your contacts looking?

Since it is a low temperature issue...

Many "gremlin" issues on here corrected with an Odyssey AGM.
Battery is about a year old. Voltage checks fine when monitored during starting and running.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I installed a brand new TIPM (from MAKS), preprogrammed for my VIN (took approx 30 minutes). The car runs fine.

Now we get to see what happens on successive days - if the electrical gremlins are still in the engine bay - or not!
I hope that solves it!

jessemcisaac66

Reaction score

I have been having the same issue with my transmission. I was going to suggest adding an external relay to the wire you were checking. That was the solution I came up with that didn't involve me spending almost $1000 on a tipm. So far it's working.