2011 jeep liberty, 3 quick issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titus.rich

Reaction score
as the title of the thread says, I have this vehicle, 82k miles on it and here are my issues i need help with.

1 - when i click my turn signal left or right, the panel and redio rights go dim.
when the auto headlights go on, panel and radio lights go dim.
do i have a broken wire somewhere? it started with the turn signals only, not it moved to the headlights. could it be my alternator? car starts up fine.

2 - my master window switch on the drivers side, a couple of the buttons are broken and make it hard to close the windows. where i can get a replacement panel for this on the cheap? i see they are about $100.

3 - I took the car to pep boys because my a/c was clicking on and off after a few seconds and blowing hot air. they said the compressor was shot. can this be the case for such a recent vehicle?

Thank you

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the headlights are on all the light dim a little. If your turn signal is cause a dim check your viltage battery and alternator. An ac compressor can go out anytime. For the master switch check compatability with other years and hit the pick n pull(junkyard)

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Check charging/battery voltage when this happens.. can be easily tested in the driveway with the vehicle running. All you need is a cheap (free) Harbor Freight multimeter.

Also check that the headlight switch is not set to dim the panel and radio lights when the headlights come on.. dont know about 2011, but my 03 has that option, leave them full bright, or dim them if I turn parking lamps/headlights on. It's the rotation option on that stalk, if you have it.

2. Junk yard/online retailers.

$70 bucks:
https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Window...dp/B00F2IFVMW?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

3. Yes, it can be possible. Did they tell you the specifics on how they know this, or did they just look at it, see that it was cycling too frequently and blowing warm air and say "yep.. she's toast."?

What were the refrigerant levels? Sounds to me like an AC system that is low on R134a. Now why it is low would be another problem, they don't "use up" refrigerant. Could be a leaking o-ring. Or the compressor is shot.. but they usually don't turn on, work for a bit, then turn off, then not work, then repeat. I'd want more info here.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a factory or extended warranty on it?
It seems new to be having so many issues.
Sounds more like a bad repair from a collision than oem parts failing but honestly don't know. If you've got to hunt down the faults on your own you are going the right direction with the advice here, if it has a warranty mane jeep fix it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a factory or extended warranty on it?
It seems new to be having so many issues.
Sounds more like a bad repair from a collision than oem parts failing but honestly don't know. If you've got to hunt down the faults on your own you are going the right direction with the advice here, if it has a warranty mane jeep fix it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed... sounds like remnants of a collision repair gone bad. My Jeep has been whacked 3 times, once badly (nearly, or should have been totaled by value), and each time, repaired correctly... no issues afterwards.

It's just odd that this many things would be going on at once, unless one or more of them have been ignored for a while if it was not for some outside influence.

4x4

Reaction score
1. Check charging/battery voltage when this happens.. can be easily tested in the driveway with the vehicle running. All you need is a cheap (free) Harbor Freight multimeter.

Also check that the headlight switch is not set to dim the panel and radio lights when the headlights come on.. dont know about 2011, but my 03 has that option, leave them full bright, or dim them if I turn parking lamps/headlights on. It's the rotation option on that stalk, if you have it.

2. Junk yard/online retailers.

$70 bucks:
https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Window...dp/B00F2IFVMW?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

3. Yes, it can be possible. Did they tell you the specifics on how they know this, or did they just look at it, see that it was cycling too frequently and blowing warm air and say "yep.. she's toast."?

What were the refrigerant levels? Sounds to me like an AC system that is low on R134a. Now why it is low would be another problem, they don't "use up" refrigerant. Could be a leaking o-ring. Or the compressor is shot.. but they usually don't turn on, work for a bit, then turn off, then not work, then repeat. I'd want more info here.

JasonJ is spot on!! follow his instructions and you should sort it out